Arsenal Found in Hawaii Hotel

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, May 13, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

2 rifles, 2 handguns and 18 knives. :panic: Large weapons cache and described in news report as an arsenal.

Weapons not seized but owner committed for psych eval.

Nemo

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...kiki-raid-prompted-by-disturbing-online-posts

Scary report-- more from our end than the other.

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

That is downright scary. What a huge arsenal cache. Good thing he didn't have a low-powered rifle too.

3. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Cache? Arsenal?

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Remember that 100+ rounds is considered "stockpiling" ammo....... :shock:

5. MaricopaKid

MaricopaKid Member

That's what I normally carry to a pig pickin'.

6. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Well I had a couple of cups on the nightstand and my wife accused me of hoarding. No mention of the psych eval though - I think she gave up on that a long time ago.

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

"... The weapons were legally registered to the man, and having them in his room was also legal..." But, we're gonna give him a psych eval because he was tellin' fibs online.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Thats what the local news out there called it.

I suspect a few around here have that as EDC.

Nemo

9. Squid

Squid Gun pecan

101? \\:D/ WIN_20180513_22_20_20_Pro.jpg

10. Glockenator

Hell, I keep 3 spare 13 rd mags and 3 spare 10 rd mags in my glovebox. The same, plus several other spares for my non-EDC pistols, in my nightstand. Then a carry bag of a half dozen 30 rd AR-15 mags under my AR next to my dresser. That is one helluva ammo cache, in reporter's terms.

11. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Involuntary commitment so they can invalidate his 2A rights.

12. Glockenator

I can't believe those idiot reporters didn't label the story headline as BREAKING NEWS! They weren't doing their job of using enough stupid, trendy buzzphrases.

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Maybe you missed this?

14. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

And you just admitted to having an "arsenal" at home and while you travel. Involuntary psychiatric eval for you!

15. Glockenator

Bring it on. :mrgreen:

I am a master at taking any test and telling them exactly what they want to hear. :mrgreen:

16. Fallschirmjäger

I take things like that with a big grain of salt after hearing law enforcement describe canon fuse as 'bomb making materials' or bleach and vinegar as "deadly gas precursors". Or, for that matter two rifles and two handguns as an ""arsenal"".

Without knowing what was prescribed and for what, it's not something I'm going to give much importance to.

17. Glockenator

Yep. Knowing how idiotic reporters can be, it may have been something like St John's Wort, which can be bought on the shelf just about anywhere.

18. Fallschirmjäger

"Police socks"... need I say more?

19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Noted. :lol:

20. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

When someone like Parkland or the Vegas shooter does what he does we are quick to point out the signs were there, someone should have noticed this guy hauling all these weapons, how did they let them get away with this, some one should have done something, etc.

So I can understand the reaction to this in Hawaii. First, it's not as freedom loving as some States. Second, they are trying to do something.

It's a matter of can't win if you do, can't win if you don't and I don't know what the answer is, but if they've got reasonable cause then I'm ok with them checking this guy out.

gunsmoker likes this.