Armscor revolvers MD200

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kestak, Oct 18, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Any comments on the Armcor 38 spl MD200 model? I found some new at 149$+10$ shipping. I was thinking buying a couple to hide in the house. Quite a cheap solution. Right now, all the guns are on the second floor and one in the garage.

Thank you

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I can't speak too much for the revolvers, since I've never handled one, but their 1911 are great. I have an Armscor 1911A2 in 9mm that is an awesome shooter. In the future I may get a .38 revolver from them.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hide in House?

Hide in the house? Loaded, unlocked, and ready to go, but just "hidden."

You don't think a burglar might find at least one of these guns? If he does, do you want to be responsible for having armed him, especially if you might come home to find the burglary in progress and start taking fire from this man armed with YOUR gun?

Are you willing to retrieve every one of these guns and lock them up whenever you have guests in your house who are either unfamiliar with firearms safety or are children?

Sorry to hijack this thread, and I know it's your house and you can do what you want in it and with it, but I think hiding guns around the place is dangerous and irresponsible.

4. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Those concerns are not invalid concerns. It thought a lot about that, read a few things and talked with a few friends and LEO.

First, we do not have children and the familly (mother and father) is coming home only twice per year. We have just one friend visiting and he is a retired US army first sergeant.

Secondly, there are hideouts guns things that sell. I'll not go into details here, but for example, there are frames you can put on your wall with your favorite painting or photo in it. Anyway, if a bad guy comes in after he went through a full wood door or pull out the security bars on the first floor windows, I am quite sure he won't have the time to find the weapons before my 200 pounds of dogs jump on him. If we are in the house, on the second floor, we'll have time to pick up our weapon. In the garage, I hide a revolver in an easy place to access but hard to find if a burglar breaks in. It is why we want to put a few weapons on the first floor.

thank you

5. ev239

ev239 New Member

I've been curious before about the Armscor revolvers too. Now I haven't seen them locally for that cheap, but if I did I don't think I could come up with an excuse not to get at least one to try out. From the looks of them and what very little I've found on them in reviews they are Colt replicas and though not finished nearly as well as Colts they have been reported to work the way revolvers are supposed to work. Somewhere I also read that they shouldn't be loaded up with +P because early Colts also couldn't take +P. Did you find this price for the snubnose or for the longer barrel and if you don't mind me asking where? I might pick one up too.

6. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

It is for the 4" barrel. let me place an order first, then I'll tell you were they sell them for that price... :)

By the way, SOG has them for 169$.

Thank you

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Use it a lot before trusting it. I have had bad experiences with the reliability of cheap revolvers (not this one, which I had never heard of before today).

9. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

If you used a Comanche, I understand that brand is kind of crap.
    I plan to shoot at least 400 rounds in it before I trust it. I bought a bunch of military surplus 38spl at 7.50$ per box of 50 rounds.

Thank you

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Armscor is Arms Corporation of The Phillippines. They are the same company that makes Rock Island 1911s, and recently have been contracted to make Charles Daly pistols.

http://www.armscor.net/ is their US site.
    http://www.armscor.com.ph/ is their home site.

11. kestak

kestak New Member

12. Malum Prohibitum

It was Charter Arms.

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

MP what problem did you have with the Charter :?: We sold a lot of them and they held up fairly well. They would not take abuse but they worked just fine.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Maybe I am abusive?

After about ten to 20 rounds, it would heat up and then lock up. The trigger would go back, but not quite far enough to release the hammer. So you would squeeze it back and it would hang, and you would squeeze, squueeeze, nothing.

After cooling off, it would fire ok again, so I did carry it for a while, but I will stick with Smith and Wesson now . . .

The Charter gun never did feel like "quality" when you pulled the trigger.

15. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I have a Smith that did something very similar. Sounds like a fitting issue. Anybody can (will) make a bad gun, its how you take care of the customer after the fact that counts.

The early Charter company had good customer support but wasn't very profitable. They had to sell the guns cheap enough to make people think it was worth the price difference.

Charters do not have solid frames and are prone to shoot loose with a high round count, but most of our customers bought them, shot them a little and stuck them in a drawer. Plus P was a real bad idea except for carry ammo.

16. ev239

ev239 New Member

kestak,

Let me know what you think of it when it comes in and you get a chance to shoot it.