Armed robber shoots clerks AFTER they give him the money...x2

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by UtiPossidetis, Feb 9, 2018.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Some time ago I read of an armed robber's mother trying to blame the targeted victim, who had used his legally carried firearm to defend himself. "He didn't have to shoot (my son). He could have just given him the money, like everyone else does."

In Rome, GA yesterday an armed robber held up two stores at gunpoint within minutes of each other. In both cases the robber opened fire on the store clerks after receiving the cash.

http://coosavalleynews.com/2018/02/rome-man-robs-2-stores-shoots-clerks-kills-1/

This is why cooperating with the gunman isn't always the thing to do.

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yeah, but the initial subjects mom knew he was getting ready to turn his life around.

Nemo

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

My favorite part of her plea was why didn't the guy give him the money like everyone else did? I mean, it was his profession and he had been successful. Everyone else complied with his demand for money, who was this guy to resist!?

4. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

One thing that always sticks in my mind is a Subway restaurant robbery in the late 80s here where they guy behind the counter obeyed everything the robbers said, gave them the money, never resisted and the thieves walked out of the store only to have one come back in and shoot him in the head.

That was one of the main catalyst towards changing my mind on having a gun with me at all times.

MaricopaKid likes this.
  5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

When someone points a gun at me, I frankly don't have a care about their motivation. If they just want to rob me, or rob me and shoot me, then well, I'm not a mind reader.

I certainly don't stake my life on being a mind reader, nor do I trust any particular robber to do what other robbers have done.

A dangerous threat will be met with deadly force by me if at all possible.

I don't care if their momma will cry about it later. I also have loved ones that I wouldn't want crying over my dead body, so I have determined it will be the robber shot rather than me.

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

You're letting personal emotions cloud your judgement, Phil. :lol:

Phil1979 likes this.
  7. Phil1979

8. Nemo

And they are going to get enough funds from you to really get their life turned around. You need to learn to share better.

Nemo

9. Gunslinger666

Gunslinger666 Slinging guns

A decent human being of a mother would say something like, "I did all I could to raise my boy right, and look what he did. I tried, but failed" or even, "I don't know what went wrong". And a piece of garbage will say what his mother said.

10. Phil1979

When will those idiot mothers learn that when their sons point a dangerous weapon at people in the commission of a crime to put them in fear of their life, that some of those folks will just shoot them out of that very concern?

I mean, it makes perfect sense to me.

11. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

You guys don't seem to realize that a lot of these mothers send their sons out to 'get that green' as they like to say. They are absolutely complicit in their sons' criminal activities. They also widely believe wealth is a zero sum game. If a store owner is doing well, it caused someone else to get poorer. They really do believe this.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. Phil1979

Quite true.

Well, if we make the criminals' chosen profession much more dangerous, perhaps their mommas will reconsider the value of the loot versus the value of their sons' lives.

Ironically, we can then get their mommas on our side, at least to have them not robbing.

13. Nemo

That is unlikely. Each one probably has several so they have one or 3 to spare.

Nemo

14. suomi82

suomi82 Member

This thread is convenient to tell a story and ask a question, so I'll borrow it. My ex employer had a no guns policy. I obeyed(stupid I know). Then the expected finally happened and we got robbed on gun point. Me being unlucky I was the manager on duty of course, for the most part of the encounter the robbers gun was pointed at my face with the guys finger on the trigger while we waited for the safe to open, not a nice feeling. If I would have been armed, I would have had multiple chances to draw, he was looking away, turning away and even crouching without looking at me. So if I would have shot him, what would have happened to me? In my mind that would have been self defense. Right?

15. Nemo

Based on that limited information, and assuming it was in Ga, I suspect very little would have happened on the legal side.

You most likely would have been fired and it would be highly unlikely you would/could have found a job in the what appears to be the quickie mart business after that.

Nemo

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Hard to tell if this is a serious question.

mdlott likes this.
  17. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

What do you think?

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-21/

18. suomi82

suomi82 Member

It really is, trust me. There are stories on youtube about people accused of murder because they shot home intruders, and even a guy sued by intruders parents because they thought the homeowner had an unfair advantage because he used an AR-15 to defend his home. No need to be sarcastic or make fun of me. Let's say I would have been armed and I would have shot the guy. What if he had a BB gun or his gun did not have ammo? I am honestly just curious.

19. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Probably not in Georgia.

20. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Except Atlanta City and a few other Progressive Enclaves, perhaps. Again, its up to local prosecutors and possibly Grand Juries. GA Law is pretty clear but that has proven to be a guide but not a limit for many progressive prosecutors.