Armed Pickens County Home Invasion-4 Arrests

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by mountainpass, Jan 14, 2011.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

[s:1c40kc7u]http://www.pickensprogress.com/articleinfo.asp?Link=2612[/s:1c40kc7u]See my next post for article.

Well I have the paper. Two 19 year olds from Marietta were arrested(in Marietta), along with two juvenile females from Pickens county. The females gave the Marietta suspects (Fly and Ja) information about someone to rob at the apartments. The pair face armed robbery, aggravated assault, drug charges(1/4 pound pot), and also face charges for crimes in Cobb, Douglas, and Fulton.
    I predicted that these apartments would bring crime to Pickens, I just figured it wouldn't be while they were still new.

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Re: 4 Suspects Arrested in Armed Pickens County Home Invasion

Anybody else besides me feels like most of these invasion robberies occur at apartments? It seems that way, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's because the doors are easier to kick in (try doing work on your own apartment door to beef it up and you get in trouble with management), or maybe it's because of the close proximity to low lifes that make it easy for them to scope out victims. Or maybe both, and other reasons as well.

3. mountainpass

Re: 4 Suspects Arrested in Armed Pickens County Home Invasion

Well I was clicking around and low and behold the Progress is now online!

http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/in ... &Itemid=80

Edit: Well I meant More of it is viewable online.

4. NullMatrix

NullMatrix Member

I've heard those apartments are where the drug dealers live. I wonder if the robbers stole the weed from the victims?

At least the thugs are off the street and will be going away for a good long time.

5. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

you would hope a long time. i know a guy who only served 90 days from grand theft auto in houston county...

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

apartments breed crime because you have a lower class of people living there.
    Fewer nuclear families. More single mothers who work and are too busy to properly supervise their rowdy teenage boys.
    Fewer people with decent credit. More people who have been irresponsible with their money.
    Fewer people with lots of self-discipline and more people with a "do what feels good today" attitude.
    Certainly this is not how most apartment residents are. It's only a small minority. But it's not quite so small among apartement dwellers as home owners.

P.S. The reason apartment-dwellers are VICTIMS of crime so often is because their friends and associates and neighbors are the perpetrators. Most burglaries are not complete stranger-on-stranger crimes. May times the home being burglarized houses somebody who runs with dogs and brought home some fleas.

7. mountainpass

One of these guys I believe was in the Fulton County Jail.

This may be the same Ira Hanna...I can't confirm. link
    But his mugshot matches this Cobb(where the arrest took place) one posted Jan. 7th one day after the arrest: Link2

I have started a thread on former Fulton Inmates causing more crime: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55516

8. NullMatrix

NullMatrix Member

Armed robbery = 10 years minimum with NO PAROLE, see O.C.G.A. 16-8-41 and 17-10-6.1.

I doubt these crooks will get to plead to lesser charges. There was another armed robbery (of a bank) in Pickens not long ago and the perp got 15.

9. mountainpass

http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/in ... 43:eek:pinion

Way to go Joe!