Armed good guy takes out a church killer

Discussion in 'In the News' started by DonT, Dec 29, 2019.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

What's to verify? Did you watch the video? He moved his mouth and said those words. Remember, Bloomberg wants to be your president and take away your guns and your ginormous sugar laden soft drinks. :groupprotest:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michae...andling-of-central-park-five-case-2019-12-30/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...rch-shooting-congregants-should-not-be-armed/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...Church-Shooting-Citizens-should-not-have-guns

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bloo...rican-have-guns-in-church??utm_source=twitter

2. moe mensale

Maybe I just don't understand how grand juries work but why would this have even gone to one for consideration of charges? The video couldn't have been any clearer.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/...ed-church-shooter/TQEMVROVQVGHVMDKPQJYNV74SA/

gunsmoker likes this.

3. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Most countries that had grand jury systems junked them years ago.

4. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Information I have from U.S. Law Shield sources is that Wilson is being sued by the city of White Settlement. The city is also suing the pastor and the church. He's being represented by U.S. Law Shield attorneys, since he's a member.

I can't find any other info on these lawsuits.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  5. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I saw this on Tams page recently.

6. moe mensale

I don't see any connection between what happened in the church and the city. I haven't been able to find any lawsuit info either but it seems highly improbable in the first place.

7. moe mensale

I don't know who "Tam" is but I've learned that about half the states use grand juries in the normal course of determining whether to issue indictments for serious crimes.

8. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

In GA, an indictment is necessary for most felonies. Only grand juries can issue indictments, so the DA has to go to the grand jury to get one. Usually, the DA goes to the grand jury because he wants an indictment and that 's the means to an end. But sometimes, in politically charged cases, the DA will use the grand jury for CYA. He can present the evidence to the grand jury and let them decide whether to prosecute. Then he can blame the outcome on the grand jury and not take personal responsibility for the outcome.

gunsmoker likes this.
  9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

[QUOTE="jrm, post: 3028363, member: 66121 ...sometimes, in politically charged cases, the DA will use the grand jury for CYA. He can present the evidence to the grand jury and let them decide whether to prosecute. Then he can blame the outcome on the grand jury and not take personal responsibility for the outcome.[/QUOTE]

It's a bad omen, in an open-and-shut case like this,
    a textbook-ready example of lawful use of deadly force in defense of self & others,

if your local DA is not comfortable announcing that based on his or her review of the case they will not even take it to a grand jury,
    because they are confident that no crime was committed by any of the surviving church security team members.

If the DA refuses to make a judgment call and says he'll pass the buck to a grand jury, that indicates that he's either a timid little pu*** or he's genuinely opposed to citizens defending themselves and others and refuses to make a judgment that would be seen as endorsing the armed citizen's actions.

Broadside Bob, OWM and TimBob like this.
  10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Someone posted above that TX requires a grand jury proceeding for all homicides. I do not know if that is true or not.

11. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

A "No Bill" from a grand jury can really help if political winds change and a subsequent DA decides to prosecute someone to "send a message". There is no statute of limitations on homicide. This is the closest our system has of declaring someone "innocent". I see this as a necessary part of the process.

gunsmoker likes this.
  12. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good post, Craftsman.
    Although in Georgia a District Attorney can try for a second grand jury indictment if the first one returns a no bill,
    it is very unlikely a DA would want to push the issue.
    Just having one grand jury dismiss the case is a very powerful motivator for all future district attorneys to leave this case closed.

13. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Soros DA's have their own plans.