Arlington TX: Man Shoots Employee of Sports Bar, Then is Shot by CHL Holder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mountainpass, May 3, 2017.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

http://www.wfaa.com/news/two-shot-killed-in-restaurant-shooting-in-arlington/436569576

Charlotte Huffman‏ @WFAAcharlotte 40m40 minutes ago

Police say a customer was a concealed carry holder said to his wife "get down," then stood up and took out the restaurant shooter

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. phaed

phaed Active Member

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Shame on him for not letting his gun be used against him by the criminal and for not missing his target and hitting innocent bystanders.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

And the local press is trying to spin it already:
    "It also wasn't clear whether the establishment operated primarily as a restaurant or an actual bar, where carrying would be illegal. "

5. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Which is why OCGA 16-11-138 is an essential part of the right to self defense here in Georgia.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Absolutely. Who the F! cares how much of their gross is food vs liquor! The guy stopped a proven threat without any real muss or fuss and some armchair J-school moron wants to check to see if he should be prosecuted for having a gun which actually stopped a threat!?!

- UPDATE: Just checked the original source again and the station has taken the offensive question about bar v restr. and whether the Goody Guy might be subject to prosecution out of the online article.

The Dallas Morning News said "Cook (LT in Arlington PD) later confirmed that the customer was carrying a handgun under the Texas concealed handgun license program."

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

updated op article

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Interesting updates. Typical, though. This is the real scenario, not the scary hypotheticals to which we must constantly listen.

9. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

This is a different situation, but don't we already know that you can/did?

10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Performing when the bad guy is armed and shooting is not something I've practiced lately.

11. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

Warms the heart, prayers for the good guy and the strength he will need for the turmoil he will now endure for doing the right thing.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol: You need to read his post again . . .

13. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

I'm not sorry I didn't understand the first several times I read it.