Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Damn. If only the same scrutiny had been given to the Tuscon shooter. He made death threats multiple times and wasn't ever picked up, in spite of the criminal nature of that activity. This guy Corcoran has exercised bad judgment in celebrating the tragedy that befell Giffords in a blog but that isn't an arrestable offense. He didn't make death threats, after all. It is, however, good enough in MA to have your personal property seized and your name sullied. Good heavens am I glad that I left that place.

Arlington is the *only* suburb of Boston that has the functional equivalent of "shall-issue" Class A carry license without any restrictions. I wonder if that policy will change.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
janedoedad said:
Just a wee-bit different in my mind:

The Denver Post reported Sunday that Reese's concealed carry permit was revoked by the Weld County sheriff and he was served with a restraining order after he threatened a rival radio station owner with a "shootout" if the station's ad sales team didn't stop calling businesses that underwrite Reese's non-commercial station.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 ... z1BVF4q0oG

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
I can't see the web page in the first link, about the "one down--the rest to go" blogger.
Page won't load.
But is that ALL he did? One comment, one post, cheering the shooting of a politician?
Or has he made enough hate-filled paranoid crazy conspiracy-theory posts over weeks and months that it's arguable that he's a nut?
Nuts should not have guns.

·
Registered
530 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I can't see the web page in the first link, about the "one down--the rest to go" blogger.
Page won't load.
But is that ALL he did? One comment, one post, cheering the shooting of a politician?
Or has he made enough hate-filled paranoid crazy conspiracy-theory posts over weeks and months that it's arguable that he's a nut?
Nuts should not have guns.
From the article
Corcoran, who has no criminal history, has not been arrested and does not face any charges.
In his blog Corcoran writes, “It is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable to shoot indiscriminately. Target only politicians and their staff and leave regular citizens alone.â€
And from the comments section
Good point Bill. You have rappers calling for violence against cops, women black people, white peopleâ€"comedians calling for the death of George Bush, Republicans. You had Alec Baldwen on TV calling for the stoning of Henry Hyde.

There were no investigations in those cases. The reason this country is failing miserably is becasue all the people in power are so knee jerk and don’t give some deep thought into things before reacting.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
gunsmoker said:
It's okay to take guns from those of us who believe in government conspiracies? To the government all blogs directed against it are hate filled, paranoid, and crazy. Anyone who does not accept the government view is a nut.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
mpc said:
Got free speech?
He has free speech. It's firearms he's lacking.
Free speech means nothing if his right to keep and bear arms was taken because government didn't like what he said. It is chilling to see this happen. This is at least the third case I've seen in the news over the last year. You had the guy back east whose wife ( a psychologist) thought her husband to be crazy so the government swooped in and took his arms. The guy out west, who bought a few guns after he was layed off. Sway showed up and took him to be examined and his guns for safe keeping.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,405 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I happened, coincidently, to land on his site last week while aimlessly following links. He didn't strike me as inciteful or nutty at all. I didn't see him "cheering" as much as making a bad joke, not too much different than "What do you have with 10 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand? Answer: Not enough sand."

The little bit they quoted about "Target only politicians" was in the context of making a point (very badly) that if you (hypothetical you) have a beef with someone (hypothetical politicians) don't drag innocents into your fight.

I'm certainly not condoning his joke. I don't see it as much different than when I was at college, some kind of frat party week was coming up, and the local station was going around interviewing kids. They had two kids on camera and asked, "so what are you doing for frat week?" One goes, "I dunno" and then the other butts in "We could kill the president. Yeah, let's kill the president." (Back then, it seemed to be fashionable to talk about stupid Reagan was.) I'm sure he thought he was just making a harmless joke for the shock value, but that didn't stop Secret Service canvassing us within 24-48 hours of that video looking for him.

If you're going to say something misconstruable, expect it to get misconstrued.

I still kind of think yanking the license was overkill. Worthy of investigation? Maybe. Yank the license off the bat? Well, I dunno. Why not yank his driver's license too so he can't drive anywhere to do harm. That will work too, right? Guilty until proven innocent seems to be fashionable these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts