Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all thought that Constitutional Carry was peachy in Arizona like I did. Well, I called two state parks there, and one told me they could forbid firearms if it was posted, and they were. The rule was on their website.

Another park's website stated the "use of firearms" was forbidden, and when I called to get further info, was told that carry was also forbidden, but it was not posted.

Apparently, there is a state rule or law that still allows state parks in AZ to do this. :screwy:

I'm very disappointed, as I would like to visit AZ state parks. The good news is, apparently there is no criminal penalty for violating this rule - your firearm will just be held by park police while you visit, and you get it back when you leave.

I wrote a letter to Gov. Brewer and sent it via her website. I hope to get a positive response.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
See if they can provide the statute. I think they're wrong. But I could be wrong. :cantsay:

But it looks to me that only WMAs can limit carry. AZGFD 17-305

Az

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.pr.state.az.us/find/faq.html#q17

"Q: Is carrying a firearm legal in Arizona State Parks?
A: Carrying a firearm inside any of our park's buildings is restricted (ARS 13-3102). Secondly, Arizona State Parks Rule R12-8-119 can restrict the carrying of a weapon outdoors. We do not ban legally carried firearms per se, but we have the right to limit exposure in order to maintain a family friendly recreational environment. Discharging of any weapon is prohibited."

Yes, it is not "per se", therefore no criminal penalty, but if they see you with one, they will ask you to place it in your car. If you decline, they will seize it during the duration of your stay.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AV8R said:
Forbidden, but no criminal penalty? I'd express my opinion here, but I don't want GCO to lose membership.
Oh, I get it now! :lol:

Just what exactly does concealed mean? :sly:

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Well, permitted carry, constitutional carry, and unlicensed open carry are all modes of carry. Each state may still have off-limits locations.

NH is the best state as far as off-limits locations but they lack constitutional carry.
VT is a constitutional carry state but they are more restrictive than NH.

Go figure. :shattered:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.