Arizona Recognizes Georgia!

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:D

Of course, this was never much of a problem, since Arizona is a traditional open carry state, but now they give effect to Georgia's license.

http://www.dps.state.az.us/ccw/whatsnew.asp

I would notify the AG, but since our man was appointed judge, I so not yet know who is handling this?

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Goes into effect August or September 2006. However it is still good news.

Maybe Georgia will get around to officially recognizing both MO and AZ sometime this year.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well, found out that Missouri is now reciprocal and that Arizona's honoring of Georgia's license begins September 21st.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Are you going to call Mr. Drolet, or should I?

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

MP,
    Mr Drolet is busy right now working on some issues with the new "Sex Offender" zoning law. He also has on his plate a review of U78-45 curtosy of the Governors Office. I am told though that he won't be free from the sex offender work for a couple of weeks.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

USMCR, are you saying the governor's office requested that the AG revisit U78-45?

7. USMC - Retired

That is exactly what I'm saying. I wrote the Governor requesting they look into it and they in turn contacted the AG who in turn put Mr Drolet on it. It may take some time to get there but the wheels are turning.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Might give him a call later, however most states when they have a change of reciprocity law will send out a letter to all the newly honored states.

The past few states that have recently had a change in law, I have called that state and told them exactly to whom they should address their letter for Georgia. That way it does not get lost in the mailbox of "to whom it may concern".

9. Malum Prohibitum

USMC - Retired, would you please confirm something for me? This may greatly affect something I am working on that the moment.

Are you absolutely sure it is Mr. Drolet who is working on this issue, or could it be possible somebody else is working on this issue?

I would also like to know how you know whether he is the one actually working on it.

If you would feel more comfortable answering this question by PM, that is fine, but I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks.

10. USMC - Retired

I was told by his staff that Mr Drolet is the one working it. I do not know if he has started yet though.

11. USMC - Retired

I just got off the phone with Mr. Drolet and explained to him how the Probate Judges are using U78-45 as an excuse to break the law. He is reviewing the document at this time and we should see something soon. :D Keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep you updated as I get more info from his office.

12. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Anything new here yet? I checked the Attorney General web page and nothing's been posetd. My fingers are, indeed, crossed.

13. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Bump. Same question, any new info? Nothing on the website.

14. Malum Prohibitum

15. kkennett

kkennett New Member

No, I was wondering about the last portion of the thread: Mr. Drolet working on his revised opinion concerning the 60 day law that isn't really a law, it just reads like one.

16. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Thanks, MP. I've read every word of all that threads. I was just hoping for a little ammunition in the battle from the AG. Seems to me that a FOIA examination of exactly what is taking all the time might reveal that the FBI is not the problem. At least the appellate ruling could say something like: no farting around beyond the delay the FBI is really creating.

17. USMC - Retired

I just got of the phone with Mr. Drolet at the AG's office. He has not had a chance to do the review yet due to an overload of work in his office caused by the "sex offender" proximity law. He did confirm that is going to do the review when he can get to it but that the pervert problem has big media attention and he is getting presure from above to get it resolved. I'll keep you posted as I get more info....

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Arizona's law goes into effect tomorrow, Sept 21st.
    They will start honoring the GFL.

I have heard/seen nothing from our AG about reciprocity.