Are you willing to risk anything?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Mar 10, 2018.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I don't feel like watching 30 minutes' of Milo Y. talking to the camera.

What is your point of posting this, Mrs. E?

Where does the "willing to risk anything" in the title of your post come from?

What is Milo's main point of this? Based on the first few minutes, it looks like it's about the Leftists threatening a conservative woman and the muslim clerics associated with ISIS issuing a death order on her. Does he go on for 25 more minutes about those topics?

What is your reaction to Milo's opinion here?

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Not having watched Milo, but my answer is-- everything. In appropriate circumstances. I decide appropriate. Its life or death of ideas.

Nemo

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

It's well worth watching in its entirety, and the point he poignantly makes is that so-called lovers of free speech and gun rights, so-called conservatives are not willing to risk much of anything to fight. I've noticed this myself. In the past, you've probably seen GCO's urgent calls to attend gun bill hearings and committee meetings at the capital. These calls are often answered with: 'But guys, muh paid time off—I don't get none.' Milo goes on to point out how Antifa and far leftists are willing to bash faces, lose their jobs and go to jail for their beliefs and pet causes. Libertarians and conservatives? Sorry guys, muh paid time off... Conservatives are also easily cowed. It is sad. It is pathetic in comparison to the boldness, audacity, organization and loudness of dedicated leftists. This is how they win. This is how we lose. Milo's video is an indictment of conservative apathy toward their fight (or lack thereof) for liberty—an indictment that is well deserved in my opinion. That all said, it's also a rallying cry for conservatives to get off their job-obsessed asses and help expose, frustrate, counter and defeat extreme leftism in America. It's also a solemn warning that if this does not happen, the U.S. will end up like the U.K.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Bkite and DonT like this.
  4. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Mrs. E, well said.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I like reading your thoughts better than watching Milo's video.

Savannah Dan likes this.
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

There are plenty of videos out there showing antifa and other leftists getting their asses handed to them. Granted, it would be nice if there were more of them but when their side is mostly comprised of younger wannabe thugs and the conservative side is mostly comprised of family and older types, there's going to be a lot of discrepancy. They also tend to work in small groups and isolate their targets.

Willing to lose their jobs? What jobs? Again, look at their make-up. Thugs and college kids. It's known that Soros-type organizations have financially subsidized these people in many cases.

At some point, the current approach will change, the gloves will come off and the real test will begin.

7. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

8. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I fear you are right. There are ways other than physical attendance that can have some impact. Letters to the editor; letters to legislators; as some here have suggested, get to know and communicate with your local legislators; etc.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

All valid points. It doesn't seem to take anything to set off the leftist as they promote anarchy - they are inherently unstable. Fortunately, other people have more sense of responsibility. With that said, I think that if they are pushed too far, they will take risks - big risks - and the leftist won't likely be prepared for how far their conservative brethren will go.

10. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

Any word on how far their pet causes have been advanced by face-bashing, unemployment, and imprisonment?

Don't mistake intensity of action for effectiveness of action. Going wilding might generate headlines but it doesn't generate favorable change and it's certainly not how effective civil disobedience leaders like MLK or Gandhi accomplished anything.

11. Mrs_Esterhouse

That's easy. The NRA was completely cowed by the Left after Vegas and Parkland—the Florida Republican legislature, governor and state senator as well. Laws were passed because of leftist grandstanding and televised hysterics. Leftist organizers wasted no time springing into action and rallying for anti gun measures in order to achieve maximum political impact, and they did achieve them. They had their ducks in a row. They were prepared. The Left's opposition was cowed, disorganized, reactionary and lacked a plan they could present to the pubic as an effectual solution for the school shooting problem. We lost; they won.

Are we learning yet? Do we have a compelling and convincing solution prepared for the public the next time a shooting occurs? I don't think our side has anything prepared, except to do another chicken dance while the Left mops up our rights.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Someone needs to let the frog know the water is heating up while he can still jump out.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  13. RedDawnTheMusical

It is true that the message of "why are you blaming the gun"?, "existing laws were sufficient and ignored", etc. are falling on death ears. The issue is that people insist that something be done - they don't care if it is ineffective, pointless, etc. They just want to pass a law and pat themselves on the back that they did something to "fix" the problem. We're going to see that after every mass shooting as no one is interested in a logical discussion. The Left knows that they have a heavy advantage here.

I've had discussions with liberals in response to Florida raising the long gun age to 21 and the 3 day waiting period. I pointed out all the logical arguments, asked them what we do when the next shooter is 22, etc. They don't care. I just it the "as long as it saves one life" and suppressing the rights of law abiding citizens is irrelevant to them as they don't want anyone to have guns anyway. But they're the ones that drive the hysteria and I don't know how you can combat it other than stalling long enough that people come to their senses and drop it. The Left did a good job this time of keeping the frenzy going, coordinating student walkouts, etc. and that forced the Florida legislation.

14. moe mensale

I don't believe the leftists require triggers to set them off. Their game plans inherently include violence, whether against people, places or things.

15. RedDawnTheMusical

I was thinking about starting a business that pre-prints signs that the Left can use at protests. Things like "We Demand Laws That Won't Protect Us", "Inanimate Objects Kill", "NRA = ISIS", "Fox News Murdered My Child", and other catchy slogans that they could protest with.

16. Mrs_Esterhouse

[​IMG]

:neener:

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Details please. I cannot comprehend that picture.

Nemo

AtlPhilip likes this.
  18. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Is it... The blob?

19. moe mensale

Looks like Jabba the Hutt had a meltdown. :lol: