AR-15's for $565 shipped!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CoolHand, Nov 2, 2007.

1. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

CMMG is selling cosmetically worn/dinged but otherwise like new AR-15 carbines for $550 +$15 Shipping & Handling.

[​IMG]

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=33&

Description from their site:

We typically only sell these rifles at gunshows, but have collected way too many of them. Most all parts are brand new on the inside, this includes barrels, bolt/carriers, internals, buffer & spring but have external flaws due to being stored in "bulk" and are listed as being used. Lowers are a mix of manufactures and include CMMG, DPMS,and Doublestar.
    None of these rifles will win any beauty contests, but will make a excellent truck or trunk guns. All rifles have been test fired and all are as-is. The $20 hand select fee will ensure a better finish.

These are available through the website only. Do not call about these; no orders will be taken over the phone. If you have a question, please email us at [email protected] Please put your dealer's name/address in the "ship to" on the checkout. Please have your dealer email his license to [email protected] or fax it to 660-248-2290. There are no quantity, military or LE discounts on these.

All rifles are currently 16" 1/9 M4s with M4 barrel extensions and are not chrome lined. Hand select only pertains to external condition, not make.

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

This is tempting...

Any cons on having a non-chrome lined barrel?

3. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

The non-chrome barrels are more accurate, but you will have to clean them a little more often. The chrome lined barrels were designed for the military to work in damp/wet environments with out the need to clean and oil every day.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If I had the cash I would get one.

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I really badly want to get an AR, and this price seems pretty remarkable, but alas, I'm cash short too.

6. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

This deal is P.H.A.T. I might have to put my AK up for sale to free up some cash.

7. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Dang it! I am absolutely broke for the forseeable future and can't take advantage of this. :x

8. FireStar

FireStar Guest

Is it really that good of a deal? How much would you expect to pay otherwise?

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When I bought my used Century arms AR, I paid $649 used. Unless buying absolute entry level you can expect to pay $800 and up for a decent AR.

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Would these on this listing be considered absolute entry level? I would love to have an AR but don't know ANYTHING about them. I like the price but have absolutely no idea if it is a good deal or not of if it is anything like I might want someday. If/when I finally get one, it will be the only one so it has to be exactly what I want. I can't hide multiple ARs around the house like I can pistols. LOL. :lol:

11. grayelky

grayelky New Member

This will be the "perfect" AR if you know nothing about them. At this price, buy it, learn on it/from it, and when you figure out exactly what it is you do want, sell this one for what you have in it (or more), and then buy the one you really want. By then you will know what that is - maybe!
    If I had the money, I'd buy one in a heart beat.

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Same here.

I was just gonna try to get a little ahead with the sale of the AK but I don't think I can pass this up.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would consider there a nice base upon which to learn the platform and what you really want. It would also make a good sarting point to build exactly what you want.

14. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

i'm sorta the same way... I have shot an AR15 and loved it but don't really understand the options... maybe this would make a nice christmas present for the BF and then I can play with it :)

15. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Hey, can we start dating? :lol:

16. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

it's only because I can't think of anything else to get him.

17. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

You could get him one of these:
    [​IMG]

18. FireStar

FireStar Guest

That's just wrong. So very very wrong.

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

It's not like anyone will take you any less seriously if your Glock is pink.