AR 15 - They're Scary!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/outdoors ... 02.article

2. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Well, he doesn't know much about guns but at least the article isn't completely negative. The hunting aesthetics line irked me a bit though. It also shows that this certainly isn't the first time he's shot a gun. Many of the extremely negative articles about "assault weapons" are written by folks who have never shot a gun or are completely clueless.

3. M249

M249 New Member

Sssh!!! They're not supposed to know that the AR15 cannot shoot through tanks and kill thousands of people with one shot!

FWIW, when one of my former roommates saw a 5.56NATO round, he laughed and said, "THIS is what the military is using? It's so TINY!"

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Looks can Kill

Actually, anti-gun activists regularly DO advocate that "assault weapons" are extra-deadly based on their looks, aside from their actual funtioning and ballistic performance. The theory is that they are so mean-looking and intimidating that victims are less likely to run away, and more likely to be frozen in place with fear. That way the bad guy can just take his time in executing them. The guns' evil black tactical finish thus denies victims the chance to either flee or fight back.

I'm not making this up. There are such articles out there, and this is a line of reasoning that made it into the opinion in a appellate-level court case.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Looks can Kill

That we have to see!

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Pretty decent article. The writer hit it dead center.... they really are fun to shoot!

What's sad is he was the only member of the media to show up and shoot.

:sheep:

It's a little difficult to educate people who aren't there...

:cry:

7. 2tom2

2tom2 New Member

i suppose if an ar were painted pink and had pictures of cartoon charactures on it they would be less scary :roll:

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Is that picture from the Log Cabin Republican site?

9. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

now that man is making a political statement, not sure which one yet though.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He's here! And he is....ready to shoot his pink rifle. Get used to it! 8)

11. tace

tace New Member

Is that budder's AR?

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

It will be, damnit! Give me some time.