Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any personal experience with a firearms appraiser that they could recommend? I inherited a couple of older long guns, and would like to have them checked out. I'd like to insure them, and would like to know the insurance value. I'd like to know if YOU know of someone trustworthy and knowledgeable. They both may need a bit of restoration, as well. I don't mind going to someone, if necessary, either.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
632 Posts
gkill772001 said:
Does anyone have any personal experience with a firearms appraiser that they could recommend? I inherited a couple of older long guns, and would like to have them checked out. I'd like to insure them, and would like to know the insurance value. I'd like to know if YOU know of someone trustworthy and knowledgeable. They both may need a bit of restoration, as well. I don't mind going to someone, if necessary, either.
Any help is appreciated.
I have two gentlemen in our shop that are absolute mavens of older firearms. We do insurance appraisals for 10 dollars a gun (provide you with a write-up for submission to the insurance company).

Also, a gentleman over at Chuck's Firearms named Larry Elrad who is very well-versed in older firearms.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts