Applied for my renewal today

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by EagleEye920, May 16, 2006.

1. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Went to the Fulton County Probate Court today and applied for my GFL Renewal. Went smooth. $20.00 + $0.39 Postage. The clerks were nice and quick with my stuff. They did ask for SSN on the application and the fingerprint card.

I asked about the status of my wife's application and all she could say was that it hadn't been issued yet. It's been 100 days. I casually mentioned that I thought it was supposed to be 60 days and she just said, no it's 4-6 months. I didn't argue with her because she has no power to do anything. Kinda like trying to make a sale to the cashier at a company instead of the decision maker. I think the only way to get the time thing changed is by lawsuits. Personally, I'd rather focus time, energy and money on other issues like the Restaurant Carry and Public Gathering laws.

While I was waiting, someone called up and asked about the laws concering carrying a gun in the car if you don't have a license. Apparently, this guy's daughter's boyfriend has a permit and sometimes leaves his gun in her car when he's not there. The man got pretty upset when the clerk said she's not a lawyer and referred him to an attorney. The clerks really don't know the law and I don't really expect them to. That's why I didn't argue about the 60 day thing.

heading to the range tonight with my better half. It's ladies' night \:D/ women shoot free :) woohooo

2. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

I hear ya on that one. I am up for renewal in June and I may wait until July 1st to renew so HB1032 can take effect... that is if I decide to renew. With the carry laws so vague and crappy as they are now, the license is pretty much useless in its own state it's issued in.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I can think of no good reason not to renew.

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

I would think that the MORE people who got GFLs the better. Even if they are pretty restricted, it makes people more aware of the restrictions which then leads to frustrations which lead to political activism :lol:

I've had my GFL since I was 21 but only recently started carrying. and it wasn't until recently that I became aware of the bad laws and have become more and more frustrated TRYING to obey them! I like to eat out a lot with my wife but it irritates me that I have to leave my gun at home or else I could be CHARGED!!! These frustrations are leading me to political activism.

So, I'd suggest getting your permit, get frustrated with the dumb laws and let's all work to get them changed!

Now i'm off to put some holes in some paper!

5. Malum Prohibitum

I must be dyslexic. THAT is what I read in your post. :p

6. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

It's funny this thread should post today... I just received a renewal letter in the mail from the probate judge herself reminding my license is set to expire in the next 30 days and for me to come in at my convenience to renew. Sounds like they really want my money.

Between this thread, the letter from the probate judge, and Malum's subliminal messages, something could be telling me something :-k

7. Malum Prohibitum

Wow. Maybe they will make house calls, too!