APD will return man's pistol

Discussion in 'In the News' started by USMC - Retired, Feb 20, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6109949

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

A news agency doing investigative work on why a man hasn't gotten his gun back?

*faints*

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why did they take it in the first place? Were they going to run ballistics on it to see if some other, mystery gun shot the real magic bullet that killed the dog?

Great detective work there, Albany PD. :wink:

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Sure. That seems reasonable. Failure to do my job properly would never result my boss calling me when I was on vacation to figure out what we need to do to make something right. :roll:

I didn't see anything about asking Captain Green why the gun had to be taken in the first place. Now that would be investigative journalism. :wink:

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

The Albany PD is quite possibly the most ineffective, disorganized, incompetent bunch of Barney Fife's in the state, if not country. Just the fact that they actually showed up in the first place surprises me!

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Ah, yes. The second gunman theory. The article doesn't mention whether there was a grassy knoll nearby. Maybe they need to see if Mr. Zapruder has any footage that might shead some light on what happened.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ah, yes. The second gunman theory. The article doesn't mention whether there was a grassy knoll nearby. Maybe they need to see if Mr. Zapruder has any footage that might shead some light on what happened.[/quote:3u308yxm]

See, the dogs head goes back and to the right. Back and to the right. Back and to the right.

:D

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

seconded!
    Everyone around here knows that if you want to catch some criminals, go pull over a APD car. I actually had an incident where a "APD" officer came to my old apartment wanting to look around because "Someone had called 911 from our apartment" despite the fact that we did not have a home phone. He looked like he had just ironed his uniform with a warm rock, and I seriously doubted that he was in fact a police officer. After explaining to him that he wasn't coming in the apt, he just left. Didn't even protest as to why I wasn't letting him in the house.

Had another incident where my and my wife reported a suspicious vehicle driving up and down our cul-de-sac (?) for about an hour, took APD 4 hours to respond.

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

And why the hell does the same officer have to do it? I'm sure he has a boss of some type that should have to pick up his slack when needed. Jeez.... :?

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Maybe the original officer "borrowed" the gun from the evidence locker? (no offense to any LEO's or former LEO's)

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Statesboro police never even showed up when I called in a girl getting slapped by one male with three friends behind him.

12. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Sorry to disagree but the Manassass, VA Police has 'em beat. Check on the VCDL site for details.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was gonna make a thread about that. I just read the back story on it last night. Quite ridiculous.

14. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

Manassas is just a bunch of yahoos. Philly PD they'll arrest you for defending yourself against a known problem hood, take your permit and guns, charge you with terroristic threats, carrying with out a permit and other bad things, send you a letter demanding that you turn over your permit (that you supposedly don't have, otherwise they'd not charge you for not having one right?) then delay your court date 3 times because the complainant can't be found (he's homeless) and when the homeless guy finally shows up, they still don't have their case ready to go and they ask for a continuance. Oh, they'll do you a favor and drop the felony charge of carrying without a permit. More over, they'll make sure you can't get your gun or permit back since the judge dismissed the case with prejudice.

Philly is bad. Really Bad. They can't even prosecute real criminals.