Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6642180

June 11, 2007

Dougherty County - An Albany Police Officer accidentally shot herself in her sleep. Her service pistol went off underneath her pillow.

Thirty-four-year old Sgt. Kinshishi Adams was shot in the left wrist about 8:45 Sunday night at her home on Holly Drive.

Dougherty County Police Investigators found Adams laying outside her mobile home after neighbors heard her calls for help. Investigators say Adams was asleep when her .40 caliber Smith and Wesson Semi-Automatic went off. She had surgery later that night.

County Police Chief Don Cheek says it was a freak accident. Cheek said "our investigation indicates it was nothing out of the ordinary as far as criminal activity. It was strictly a just terrible accident. And it just re-emphasizes how critical gun safety is."

Investigators say Adams was alone when the shooting took place. She is listed in fair condition at Phoebe Putney Hospital.
:shock: :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Evidently she is the only one professional enough to sleep with a foetay...

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
That wasn't a Glock gunny. It was a S&W. I have never even thought about sleeping with an firearm under my pillow. Mine are always on my night stand. Less than a foot away.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
USMC - Retired said:
That wasn't a Glock gunny. It was a S&W. I have never even thought about sleeping with an firearm under my pillow. Mine are always on my night stand. Less than a foot away.
+1

right next to the bed, not under a pillow. Does anybody have it under the pillow. I mean besides the gun fairy appearing and making it reproduce, I cant imagine keeping one there.

·
Registered
397 Posts
This begs a question???????????????????????????????///

For her gun to go off UNDER the pillow means she had her finger on the trigger?
OR the pillow monster crept in and pulled the trigger.

O my, what about the children??????

8) 8) 8)

·
4,632 Posts
Sharky said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
USMC - Retired said:
+1

right next to the bed, not under a pillow. Does anybody have it under the pillow. I mean besides the gun fairy appearing and making it reproduce, I cant imagine keeping one there.
+2

·
4,632 Posts
And what about your spouse right next to you? And it's pointed in their direction?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GeorgiaGlocker said:
And what about your spouse right next to you? And it's pointed in their direction?
Investigators say Adams was alone when the shooting took place.
This in no way excuses her extream stupidity.

·
68,665 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
I have never even thought about sleeping with an firearm under my pillow. Mine are always on my night stand. Less than a foot away.
I wear mine in a holster while sleeping.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Then one has to wonder about an officer like this one, disarming a citizen during a traffic stop after the GFL has been presented. If you choose to notify the officer.

Like I would trust her clearing my firearm.........NOT EVEN IF HELL FROZE OVER.

She cant even use common sense in her own actions.

·
68,665 Posts
Sharky said:
Then one has to wonder about an officer like this one, disarming a citizen during a traffic stop after the GFL has been presented. If you choose to notify the officer.

Like I would trust her clearing my firearm.........NOT EVEN IF HELL FROZE OVER.

She cant even use common sense in her own actions.
Your post makes me think you might be under the impression you have any choice in the matter.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This officer watches too many movies. Who the heck really keeps there gun under their pillow while sleeping? How stupid...

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
na I was just trying to express that I would keep my mouth shut and not inform the officer of my carrying. Like many debate on this forum to inform or not inform.

Not generalizing police, but this one in this situation is an idiot and I doubt I would trust her with my gun. Thats all I was trying to express. Nothing in the generalization that most cops cant clear a firearm.

Just makes me wonder and think about that situation in my opinion. Possibly a reason not to inform an officer. I dont know this woman, but she did sleep with a gun under her pillow.

If I have no choice and I disclose I am a GFL holder and they want the gun then they get the gun but I might be very aware of where it is pointing as they empty it.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sharky said:
but I might be very aware of where it is pointing as they empty it.
You should be any way.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,829 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Sharky said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
USMC - Retired said:
+1

+2
+3

That's a stupid place to keep it.
Maybe she dreaming about shooting bad guys?????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts