Anyone use teflon dry wax lubricant?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by dmills, Nov 18, 2010.

1. dmills

dmills New Member

When I used to ride offroad motorbikes we all switched from lubricating our chains with oil to using spray wax, which is sold specifically for the purpose and gained notoriety several years ago. We found that it lasted longer, and more importantly, did not gather as much dirt on the chain and sprockets.

Recently I decided to stop using my Remington spray lube on my Walther, mostly because I found it really attracts lint and dirt. I found "DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry Wax Lubricant" at Lowe's for $4.98 (11 oz.). For my last cleaning after a trip to the range, I broke the gun down, stripped all the oil out with degreaser, and lubed the whole thing with the wax spray, and it seems to be working very nicely, and not attracting dust or lint. Plus it smells nice for some reason. I haven't shot with it yet. Does anyone else have any experience with this stuff?

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I use that exact product you named on my bike and motorcycle chains for the reason you quoted. For that it works great.

That said I would not use it on my firearm.

3. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Fire a letter off to the Walther folks. I'd bet they have done studies on about anything. Ask them if they've ever considered this product. Inquiring minds want to know.

4. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

ive been using it on my Hayabusa's chain and its way way cleaner....one of the uses listed on the can is firearms...ive yet to clean my gun and apply it but i need to get around to it probably the next time i go shooting

5. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

link