Anyone use Gunbroker? Comments?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by pro2am, Jun 5, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I have never used Gunbroker and wanted to hear some feedback, or alternates that are available.

2. maddog

maddog New Member

I have used gunbroker once and will use again since the entire transaction went very well. But just like useing ebay you have to look at the seller also, I wouldn't recommend using a seller with few feedbacks or with unfavorable comments.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have only bought one firearm there, my Mosin M44. I have also bought accesories and ammo there. I didn't have any problems. I was careful to only use sellers that would take a credit card, I do the same thing on E-Bay. Using CC I can always dispute the charge should a problem arise. You can also try http://www.auctionarms.com.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I see that they use a feedback system like e-bay. I've used e-bay before so I'm familiar with that.

I guess it's a matter of having a FFL ready to go when bidding. I should be able to find someone close to do that for me.

Thanks for the Auctionarms web site too. It's not as slick, but I'm sure it works just as well.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I have never bought anything there but I do look pretty often to get rough approximations of going prices for things I want.

Auctionarms is ok
    Gunsamerica is ok but more sucky since they changed the layout

I also routinely troll the "For Sale" sections on

www.AR15.com
    www.glocktalk.com
    www.thefiringline.com

I would say THR but that place aggravates the hell out of me.

6. Axeman

Axeman New Member

+1 on the CCard.

I have used them twice both times got great deals and the transactions were very smooth and great.

My last purchase was my XD45 ACP SS Duo Tone. I couldn't even find one locally in a store, and would have waited on a list for possibly a couple months. I found mine on GunBroker and got a better deal than I could get locally too.

I would recommend it, just watch feedback ratings. :D

7. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

Bought and sold there without a problem.....just be careful of who you deal with .....if dont feel right dont do the deal.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've never bought on there. I've just browsed around and the ammo seems to be the same price you can get it anywhere else online.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I've made a few purchases thru Auction Arms ( http://www.auctionarms.com/ ) and have been very happy with the results each time. Like has been mentioned, some tips for buying on-line:

Make purchases with a credit card, althoughbut watch for some sellers who charge a 3% fee for doing so. If the seller has a lot of positive feedback, I'd feel safe sending a check.

I prefer to deal only with people who have lots of positive feedback and I think it's a good idea to read some of the feedback, particularly the negative ones.

Use common sense. As previously mentioned, "if dont feel right dont do the deal."

Don't forget you have to pay shipping, which can vary quite a bit among the various sellers..... If you're buying a firearm requiring transfer thru a FFL, shop around. Bullseye charges $25. Adam5 tells me Forsyth Pawn charges $10. That's a box of ammo! Unless the seller is located in GA, you do miss paying the sales tax. Although I, like I'm sure everyone else here, always reports and pays it on my tax return.......... :)

:D

:lol:

:rotfl:

Sometimes, I crack myself up.....!!!!!!

10. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have purchased several guns off gunbroker.com, several off of auctionarms.com as well as gunsamerica.com (not an auction site, but the same risks apply)

I have been very pleased with off of my transactions. Like others say, do a little checking into the seller, feedback, payment methods, etc.

I generally skip auctions where the seller isn't the FFL. These type usually don't take credit cards either. I tend to skip the ones where they don't take credit cards as well....not a whole lot you can do if you send someone a money order and they disappear.

As others mentioned, most add 3% for credit cards. Don't forget about other charges, shipping, possible tax if in GA, and a $10 or so fee at your FFL to transfer the weapon. Factoring these costs in, most of the time I find it about the same cost to buy local for anything that is in current production and easy to get.

11. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt New Member

Bought and sold no issues! I use them to get price averages, book values ect! :D

12. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Have not used Gunbroker yet, but bid on several items there and lost. I like their 15 minute rule at the auction end.

I have made 1 sale and 2 recent purchases on GlockTalk and had three great deals with good people.

13. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt New Member

I have bought about 50 items on Gunbroker over the past 3 or so years never had any issues. I have always payed with Paypal or my CC. Including Sig Pro .40, DPMS AR-15 .308, PS90, AR-15 pistol, Baby eagle .9mm, M&P .9mm, 2 Vulcan AR-15s .9mm&.223, 4 Romainian AK-47s, and numerous parts and assessories. :D

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm surprised people selling on gunbroker (and other sites like that for that matter) still use paypal. Isn't paypal anti?

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=weapons

On paypal's site, they don't allow for the sale of weapons. I wonder if selling through a 3rd party site is acceptable (I'm led to believe so, since so many people still use it.)

15. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt New Member

When you pay or receive money from paypal its all about hush , hush for what the transaction is really for. "Goods or services" is the key. Mention firearms .....your done! Paypal is convenient and easy. As far as their gun problem? Screw them they havent caught me yet!

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton:

I was just curious. I knew it happened all the time. And because of that, I thought they would have caught on by now. Typical one-cell anti brain getting overloaded, I suppose.

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I know you can circumvent PayPal's anti-gun rule, but I dislike the fact they even have it. As a result, I've closed my PayPal account. :censored: them!!!

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Know of any gun-friendly paypal-type services?