Anyone still subscribe to PRINT hunting/ gun magazines?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by rougeneck, Nov 7, 2016.

1. rougeneck

rougeneck Member

I know I'm about to show my age...

When I was young I could not wait to get my next issue of Field and Stream magazine...it was like having Christmas every month.

Soldier of Fortune magazine led me into the military world.

I use to love even the smell of the fresh print once I opened it...kind of like when you bought that brought that brand new vinyl album...

(Not to be disgusting) but a hunting magazine, and alone time on the bathroom throne...pure bliss.

I'm about to subscribe to the print version of a gun magazine...does that make me an out of step dinosaur?

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I don't even read the ones that come in the mail (from the $4/year and airline miles trade-in deals I get sometimes).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I get a "free" subscription to Guns and Ammo from My Outdoor TV. I read it but man its all ads or dated stuff. I opened my latest copies and it had had for the Saint coming Nov 1.:rolleyes:

Now if you don't have cable My Outdoor TV is nice.

http://www.myoutdoortv.com/

4. CardsFan

CardsFan Member

GON is pretty much it for me. I hear you on the outdoor mags as a kid. Read a lot of F&S back then too, and a magazine called Fishing Facts. The latter taught me a lot of the basics.

Loved the pics of big jumping bass, tarpon, and muskies in those mags. Those pics gave me fishing fever bad back then.

5. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

I need to subscribe to GON magazine again. I miss the fall fiction short story series they publish in 4-5 parts every year, among other articles. I do find that at least 50% of the articles are completely irrelevant to my interest and there is more and more ad space covering the pages of print magazines though, most of which are also completely irrelevant.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I get one gun magazine from the NRA each month. Right now it's the American Rifleman, but they have a few other options. The price is included in your membership.

I don't read any other gun magazines, although I sometimes browse through them at a store.

7. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

After about 20 years reading then they start to repeat themselves.

Specially with the ULTIMATE whatever.

8. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I get American Rifleman with my NRA membership. Lots of political material and kimber ads. I get the blue press from Dillon which is a small catalog with gun related articles. I bought a press from them almost 10 years ago and they still send it. I used to buy a gun digest and shotgun news off the stand. I haven't bought a magazine of any kind in a long time. Before the internet, there wasn't much else available.

9. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Hard to find a stand anymore. Maybe in the big cities ?

10. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

American Rifleman is one I get as part of NRA membership. I also subscribed recently to USCCA magazine.