Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464 ... thout.html

“We were already too late,†she said. “It’s like impossible (to get a ticket). It gets in the way of people who need it. ... If we’re there at 3 a.m. and it’s already too late, what time are you supposed to go?â€
Kelley said she was unemployed for a year before recently landing a job. But her bills have stacked up while she was unemployed, and she needs the assistance.
This is Raymeica Kelly. Notice anything?

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
she is going to be cold while she watches her big screen TV and plays video games....

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Priorities! Man...I mean come on. :roll:

I am watching a 35" non-HDTV btw.

·
Registered
264 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
she is going to be cold while she watches her big screen TV and plays video games....
:lol: LOL. Good one Sheriff. I was thinking she hasn't missed any meals either. That looks like an XBOX or some kind of game. I have never had one so I don't know what they look like. I don't have a flat screen either. I have like a 7 year old Sony 26 inch. I don't have a high light bill either. I chop wood and keep my house warm. My thermostat stays on about 65 for heat. I tell my crew to get up and put on clothes if they are cold. I do.

They should stop all of these entitlement programs. It is time for people to get off their arses and go to work and prioritize their lives.

·
Registered
181 Posts
And I bet the TV and Xbox 360 were carried home in the Cadillac Escalade with dubs.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
God forbid she sells some of that stuff to pay those bills. Or better yet, doesn't buy it in the first place and does what every financial advisor in the world suggests and save 3-6 months of your current salary in a savings account for when you're unemployed.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
My folks don't have cable or a computer. Their TV is 25". Their vehicles are modest. They also own three homes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
She can't sell the TV and XBOX...it ain't hers....she's probably got it on a plan from a rent-to-own place paying $75 a week. She could take it back to the store though, and use that extra money each week to pay her bills. But wait, isn't she entitled to those luxuries? Just like she is entitled to get help with her bills?

What a waste of oxygen.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
We owe her. She wants her house upon the hill, she wants her Coupe Deville.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Those look like GA Power bills, the TV and games aint going to work well either
Just sayin

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Wow... She has nicer, and bigger toys than I. She must need that extra heater so that her TV functions at such low temperatures.

·
Registered
383 Posts
He waited in line until 7 a.m., when officials started to hand out the tickets, then went home for a few hours before returning at 10 a.m. By the time he had finished up his paperwork, it was 1:15 p.m., making for a long day.
This what pisses me off! He spent about ten hours waiting in line when could have been working, instead he chose to wait on his :censored: outside for his "free money".

P.S. Dont tell me there aren't any jobs out there McDonalds is ALWAYS hiring. I have worked for everything I have and done a lot of jobs that many people would consider "beneath them" but it kept food on the table and that's what matters to me.

Edit: for language

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
You're folks are very fortunate.
fortunate (comparative more fortunate, superlative most fortunate)

Coming by good luck or favorable chance.
Bringing some good thing not foreseen as certain.
Presaging happiness.
Auspicious.
a fortunate event
a fortunate concurrence of circumstances
a fortunate investment
Receiving some unforeseen or unexpected good, or some good which was not dependent on one's own skill or efforts.
Lucky, favored by fortune.
:lol: That's not the first word that comes to mind. Dad was fortunate to find mom. Everything they enjoy now they earned by hard work. They started with nothing and they sacrificed for us. I had new shoes($50 Nike to fit in among other things) more expensive than anything dad had, I hang my head now thinking about it. I grew up in a home without air conditioning. Our heat was wood, which dad hauled and split(by hand). He worked long hours. My mom quit her job, while pregnant with me, and stayed home to raise us. When I was 13 they bought a lot in a mountain development, and over the next five years worked weekends building a mountain getaway. They have never had a mortgage. Mom drove a vehicle for 22 years(she shared it with my me and my brother) she finally got a new vehicle in 1998 after they put my brother through college. They even bought my brother and I new vehicles when we each turned 21. In 1992 dad built a home(I helped) in Athens so my brother could attend the University. Dad's owned 5 trucks over the 41 years I've been alive.

Yes I was spoiled.

I was never cold, hungry, shoeless, or without love.

It was I that was fortunate!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464/funding-cuts-leave-many-without.html

“We were already too late,†she said. “It’s like impossible (to get a ticket). It gets in the way of people who need it. ... If we’re there at 3 a.m. and it’s already too late, what time are you supposed to go?â€
Kelley said she was unemployed for a year before recently landing a job. But her bills have stacked up while she was unemployed, and she needs the assistance.
This is Raymeica Kelly. Notice anything?
ok first thing........ and im not trying to throw any sort of racial thing into it at all........

georgia power..... ok...... if i get a month behind on my bill my power gets cut off, no questions asked, no excuses.

if her financial situation is so bad, how did she get that LED tv? those things are ungodly expensive.

xbox 360..... yeah, those are expensive too.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,691 Posts
The TV might have been a gift.
She might have found it somewhere.
It could have, as they say back in New York, "fallen off the back of a truck."
Maybe it's on loan from her boyfriend?

P.S. Years ago, I knew a woman who had several kids and got a ton of food stamp money each month.
This woman must have weighed 600 pounds. Almost too big to fit through a door.
All her kids were skinny, though.
I wonder why the taxpayers were feeding this woman to eat herself into disability, and then we'd also pay all her medical bills? Doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesn't matter if the TV and Xbox was a gift, she bought it when she had a job or whatever. If she needs heat then she can sell it. Especially if she she is wanting a hand out. But why should she? She has to maintain a standard of living higher than what she can afford herself, even if it involved leaching off of Government programs. Gotta have the latest phone, TV, video games, car, internet, cable, computer, blue ray, and stereo system. Those are what is important in life.

Working, paying your bills and living within your means is what other people have to do. They have to work hard and sacrifice so they can pay for her food stamps, free heat, 3 years of preemployment benefits, health care and housing. Oh, and gas for the caddy....she has to be able to get to the unemployment and handout lines ya know.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts