Anyone know a good gunsmith in town?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by tace, Jul 1, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

I think my XDc needs a trigger job. A bit creeky and not so smooth. If I can't find anyone around, may end up taking it to Adventure Outdoors. I think their armorer charges $60.

Thanks

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

See if you can find detail strip instructions. Take it apart and lightly polish the contact points to smooth things up a somewhat.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Andy seems to be pretty good. He's the guy Bullseye in Cumming uses and recommends. His shop is located about halfway between Cumming and Alpharetta just off Hwy 9, or you can drop your gun off at Bullseye.

http://www.gazawaygunsmith.com/

Andys' one of the good guys too! He's done three or four things for me and has yet to charge me! I keep telling him that's no way to run a business, but does he listen? NO!

Oh.... Don't bother visiting his shop before ten or eleven in the morning. Apparently, he's really not a morning person... :roll:

4. Dan H

Dan H New Member

you can always send it to canyon creek too. They did a great job on mine. Springer Precision does a good job too.

5. DKing

DKing New Member

David McDonald at Adventure outdoors is excellent. I highly recommend him.

6. Rolan_Kraps

Rolan_Kraps New Member

Contact Neal Spruill in Gainesville. His business is Hogleg Smith Gunsmithing. 770-503-7572.