Georgia Packing banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
No offense intended. Although my father can understand advanced technical details, my mother would not.

(i.e. "plugging an algorithm into a voting machine" wouldn't make a lick of sense to my dad, but my mom would understand it).

·
Registered
536 Posts
I see the US General Services Administration has begun working with the Biden/Harris transition team, dialing them in on security briefings, providing funds, etc.

I guess this is all part of the super-secret Kraken army orbital quantum computer encrypted blockchain watermark trap thingamajig? Definitely beyond me! (and I'm a physicist and a nationally-ranked chess player!... I thought I knew a thing or two about technology and strategy!)

Trump and team sure know how to lure folks into a deep, deep, really really long, drawn out trap, I'll give them that!

I certainly look forward to all the geniuses - Giuliani, Powell, Wood, whatever secret generals and Space Command wonks are involved - as they finally unveil their big Columbo Moment.

DH

·
PITA
220 Posts
I'm still waiting to read about the lawsuit that was going to be filed yesterday or the day before that was "Going to be biblical".

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Gimmick Man has finally run his course. He has always been a gimmick, and will always be a gimmick. But at least he accomplished a few very good things while in office.

He was the one and only thing to keep us from what it appears we will soon have, and him tripping all over his ego blew it, I do believe.

I am so sick of voting against the worst candidate. I haven't voted for a person in nearly 20 years.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,749 Posts
I'm still waiting to read about the lawsuit that was going to be filed yesterday or the day before that was "Going to be biblical".

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Gimmick Man has finally run his course. He has always been a gimmick, and will always be a gimmick. But at least he accomplished a few very good things while in office.

He was the one and only thing to keep us from what it appears we will soon have, and him tripping all over his ego blew it, I do believe.

I am so sick of voting against the worst candidate. I haven't voted for a person in nearly 20 years.
2670.jpg

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I'm just curious to know what that even means.
There is ill founded confidence that Trump will actually be president after January.

Not even close. If you believe Trump has finished playing his hand you haven't been paying attention.
There is a miracle to happen and all are waiting. I think that's what Hombre is saying. I'm know I'm waiting.

·
PITA
220 Posts
I'm just curious to know what that even means.
Last weekend there was a news article on WSB that mentioned that a lawsuit was going to be filed by Trump, this past Monday or yesterday, that was going to be biblical. I was very curious too, about what that was supposed to mean. But that was the last I heard of it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,749 Posts
Not at all idiotic. Our founding fathers were afraid of two party system. Having to main parties is a broken system. Until more people start to vote for people who they agree with instead of voting against a candidate or for the lesser of two evils our nation is screwed.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”

John Adams

“The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty”

George Washington

·
PITA
220 Posts
Not at all idiotic. Our founding fathers were afraid of two party system. Having to main parties is a broken system. Until more people start to vote for people who they agree with instead of voting against a candidate or for the lesser of two evils our nation is screwed.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

John Adams

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty"

George Washington
I get that, but my point about it being idiotic was that:

1) For a very long time, there have been very few (if any) truly good candidates. Only horrible candidates and less horrible candidates.

2) I am not responsible for, as it stated, the "decline in "Democracy" (which is yet another incorrect term), if the best I can do is vote for the least worst candidate, because I do not get to choose who becomes candidates.

And I have voted for 3rd party candidates, more than once. But it didn't accomplish anything, despite my trying.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
I see the US General Services Administration has begun working with the Biden/Harris transition team, dialing them in on security briefings, providing funds, etc.

I guess this is all part of the super-secret Kraken army orbital quantum computer encrypted blockchain watermark trap thingamajig? Definitely beyond me! (and I'm a physicist and a nationally-ranked chess player!... I thought I knew a thing or two about technology and strategy!)

Trump and team sure know how to lure folks into a deep, deep, really really long, drawn out trap, I'll give them that!

I certainly look forward to all the geniuses - Giuliani, Powell, Wood, whatever secret generals and Space Command wonks are involved - as they finally unveil their big Columbo Moment.

DH
Sidney Powell, the 'crazy' lady claiming she was going to prove Trump won...was actually Mike Flynn's lawyer for years during the fake perjury charge...and Mike Flynn was at one point in charge of the intelligence community, which Dems and Obama were explicitly afraid of because of what he might uncover...and Powell just claimed she's filing a lawsuit tonight to prove her claims...and coincidentally Trump just pardoned Flynn...

lol

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
The problem is there has not yet been a qualified third party person to vote for. The LP exist for the sole purpose of draining votes from the RP in order to level the field for the DP. I was taken in by the LP for quite a few elections. I was led to believe their platform was better than the RP until I found most of their platform more resembled the DP and less resembled what I was actually voting for which was less government intrusion. The open borders, right to health care and rights to abortion while may sound like freedom of self are actually what the DP also pretends to support. In short the more I learned about the underlying stances of the LP the more I was discouraged from voting LP and switched to RP. If or when a viable third party comes into the play I will stick with the RP which is the best choice at this point in time.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts