Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week is the GSSF match at Riverbend Gun Club, see Glock Sport Shooting Foundation.

November 20 - 21, 2021
Dawsonville (Canton), Georgia
River Bend Gun Club
River Bend Ballistic Challenge IX

This will be by first outdoor match. I have been shooting GSSF Indoor for a few months now and recently had my personal best score of 488/500 on Sunday. Really looking forward to the opportunity to try out this outdoor format that has fun elements such as target transitions and the plate rack.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who don't know, GSSF is a good for beginner competiors and is more of a marksmanship competition with stock Glocks setup. So you don't need an expensive tuned pistol and you don't have to be an athelete who can run laps around the track, do a pole vault, and then shoot. Stand in one place and shoot the targets accurately in a reasonable amount of time and you can score well.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shot two divisions, competition and civilian, with the same pistol. Shot both slow but clean, meaning 100% A-zone hits and all plates down. The scores are not yet posted. I feel good about this as a personal baseline since this was my first outdoor competition ever. I need to work on picking up the pace while still not missing!

I am enjoying competition and how it highlights the areas that I need to practice. Performance informs what areas to focus and supports iterative improvement.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
Congrats on cleanliness.

Nemo

Reactions: frankr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts