Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,728 Posts
I can't stand them either but I have to wear one anyway if I want to see my doctors or donate blood.

And at the public park building where I went to vote a couple of days ago it was required. Although no one said a word to my unmasked face when I voted there in the general election.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
I only wear one when I go to Publix, CVS or my Doctor. I do not wear one at the gun shop and they are not required to be worn by customers at the gun shop. The last few times I have been to CVS I have not worn a mask and no one said anything.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I guess I don't see the big deal about wearing them. I wear them whenever I'm going somewhere that I can't social distance. I only wear N95 masks so I can protect myself from the hard heads that won't wear one when they are around other people.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have worn the same one only on about 6 or 7 occasions since this started. Just to see my eye doctor and once at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga where it's required by the County.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I actually have a medical excuse for not wearing one! The only place that has thrown a fit was books a million!

·
Custom User Title
2,006 Posts
I use them only where mandatory and if I have no way to avoid that place and only when they actually tell me I have to use one.

By the way, if you remove one layer from the surgical masks it makes them much more breathable. Better if you uses glasses as well.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I wear one at the rock climbing gym because they require it. And I wear one at the doctor and at Publix out of respect for the folks working there. But mostly I just avoid anywhere else it's required. No one wears them at work, and none of my friends do either, other than the above mentioned locations.

What I find the most hilarious is people that wear them for the 10ft walk to thier table in a restaurant and then sit there with them off for an hour while they eat. The pointlessness seems obvious.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,077 Posts
What I find funny is the people who drive in their car wearing a mask, for several miles while I can see them in a traffic light infested area. Or get out of the car in the parking lots and mask up to walk 40 yards into the store. Or mask up to gas up at the Pilot or Sheetz.

Nemo

Reactions: gguldens56

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
I wear one...at Publix out of respect for the folks working there.
They're easy to spot. They're all passed out on the floor from oxygen deprivation.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
What I find the most hilarious is people that wear them for the 10ft walk to thier table in a restaurant and then sit there with them off for an hour while they eat. The pointlessness seems obvious.
It's a proven scientific fact - just ask Dr Fauci - that the coronavirus only attacks people whose faces are above a certain height from the floor. Sitting is one of the safest activities you can partake of. Yeah. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
We all do.
Yeah, but mine is actually signed by a Medical Doctor! I've had it for 2 yrs due to work forcing me to wear a respirator and I hyperventilate and passed out in a fuel tank of an A/C..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I don't see the big deal about wearing them. I wear them whenever I'm going somewhere that I can't social distance. I only wear N95 masks so I can protect myself from the hard heads that won't wear one when they are around other people.
Yeah, but mine is actually signed by a Medical Doctor! I've had it for 2 yrs due to work forcing me to wear a respirator and I hyperventilate and passed out in a fuel tank of an A/C..

·
Registered
7 Posts
N95's/KN95's actually dont filter out Covid particles. The micron size of Covid-19 is too small to be captured by the mask. The mask does capture most of the virus' carriers (mucous, water vapor, etc..), but if the virus particle has separated from the carrier it's ineffective from preventing pass through of the virus. It is, however, the best mask readily available. If you want to be completely safe, get MOPP/Hazmat gear.
As a nurse in a clinic setting I just wear a thick gaiter. Just as effective as the masks commonly available and more comfortable. Every single nurse I know realizes that masks are largely a placebo. The reason nurses are getting sick or dying, and subsequently leaving nursing in hard hit areas is that the things are largely useless. If you're around Covid constantly, you're gonna get it. Converesly, if you're a nurse and you want to make big money- there's jobs for you in those areas. I recently received a posting for one in New Jersey at 6200/wk. for a 6 month contract. Pass...
Honestly I wouldnt wear a mask if not required by my employer. We screen anyone entering the building for increased temps and other symptoms. And yes, that leaves the asymptomatic persons as a problem, but its a risk I would take. After all the whole thing is a crap shoot anyway.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
I can't stand them either but I have to wear one anyway if I want to see my doctors...
I believe some doctors are coming to grips with the "fallacy of the mask" because they might actually be smarter than the "experts" that have had a lousy track record with their predictions and/or just outright lie.

Last week I went to my dermatologist. It's a small office with a couple of practitioners. They've never had mask signs up. Most of the staff wear them. Most of the patients wear them. I never have and have never been rebuked for it.

A few weeks earlier I went for my semi annual checkup. It's a Harbin Clinic building with a crap ton of practitioners and a Mask Nazi covering the main entrance. It also has two other entrances unhindered by Mask Nazis. That's where I go in unmasked. After waiting a few minutes in the exam room the doc comes in, looks at me and says, "Entrance C?" I nod affirmatively.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I believe some doctors are coming to grips with the "fallacy of the mask" because they might actually be smarter than the "experts" that have had a lousy track record with their predictions and/or just outright lie.

Last week I went to my dermatologist. It's a small office with a couple of practitioners. They've never had mask signs up. Most of the staff wear them. Most of the patients wear them. I never have and have never been rebuked for it.

A few weeks earlier I went for my semi annual checkup. It's a Harbin Clinic building with a crap ton of practitioners and a Mask Nazi covering the main entrance. It also has two other entrances unhindered by Mask Nazis. That's where I go in unmasked. After waiting a few minutes in the exam room the doc comes in, looks at me and says, "Entrance C?" I nod affirmatively.
I think you should publish the names of those doctors so people who want to use them can make an appointment. They would probably appreciate you giving them the reference don't you think ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts