Anyone else get out and shoot this weekend?

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Dirty J, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Dirty J

Dirty J BANNED (not really)

Shot the GADPA match at South River Gun Club yesterday... holy crap is was hot.

Tried a new load from Freedom Munitions... the 135gr RNFP. Had some slide lock open on full mag failures... could have been me.. but I've got thousands of rounds through this gun without issue... only the ammo changed yesterday. Maybe the heat fatigued me... who knows.

Anyways... some fun courses of fire... shooting moving targets is always fun.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ADB_joxDs[/ame]

2. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I went out for a while and had my own ammo issues. I loaded some 357 with12 grains of aa no. 9 and a 125 sierra jsp. Lots and lots of unburned yellow crud that locked it up. Ended up shooting 200 rounds of .45

3. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

I got out to the range yesterday. Shot about 150 rds of 9mm, 50 of .308, and 15 of .300 WinMag. Found a bad 20rd PMag that was double-feeding, that was annoying. Finally starting to figure the .300 winmag out, though. Thats two seperate 3 shot groups, with another 3 shot group under the orange dot, at 100 yds.
    [​IMG]

4. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

I go out my back door and hit my little range just about every weekend and sometimes during the week too. I decide to expand the range and rented a skid steer as well as ordered three silhouettes to go along with the steel gongs. After the 2000 rounds that came in today I think I have decided to start reloading.

ImageUploadedByGeorgia Packing1467226211.912897.jpg ImageUploadedByGeorgia Packing1467226276.487112.jpg ImageUploadedByGeorgia Packing1467226289.731941.jpg

I will post more photos once it is completed, or closer to completion.

5. Dirty J

Nice. I'm jealous. Wish I could just walk out back and shoot.

6. Feral

Feral Active Member

What pistol is that? It appears to be a Glock of sorts.

Full size I presume?

I really want to get into this sort of practice shooting sometime but am weary of trying it with a compact that's DAO.

7. Dirty J

I'm shooting a Glock 17 in the video. Also shoot matches with my Glock 19 and a CZ75 from time to time.

Striker fired full size pistols are most prevalent. Glocks. M&P. XDm.

However... Just come out and shoot whatever you have. You're probably not going to win the match first time out... so it's more about shooting against yourself... learning what you're good at and what you need to work on.

8. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

I would love to have a range similar to the one you were on. I have about 5 acres that I can work with (10 if the guy next to me would ever answer my requests to sell) and possibly over time I can make it into a respectable tactical range.

One step at a time.