Anyone comment on CZ P-01

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by pro2am, Oct 19, 2006.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

During my research for a carry gun, I came across the CZ P-01. Just wondering if anyone has used it and could comment on their impressions?

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

No Experience

It looks good on paper. It has all the features I'd want for a duty-sized defensive pistol. Isn't this thing a little big for CCW? Or do you just want it for the glove box, night stand, etc? I have no experience with the modern "CZ" pistols. Are they made in the USA, or just assembled here from foreign-made parts? My cousin had a "CZ-75" clone made by Tafangilo (spelling?) in Italy in the mid-1980s, imported by F.I.E. out of Miami. It was a great gun for 15 years, then it suddenly broke and replacement parts were not available anymore. It's junk now. But he only paid $200 for it, so that's like 13 bucks a year during its lifetime.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I feel like Goldilocks, I'm trying to find a CCW that's not too big, and not too small, but just right. I'd like it to serve as a nightstand weapon too.

I'm going back to the store this weekend and re-fondle all the weapons.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Bought the PCR

Well...I took the plunge and bought the CZ PCR. I really like the way this thing feels in my hand. I won't be able to go to the range until the week of Thanksgiving though. Plenty of time to clean it, lube it, and use the snap-caps that came with it.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Bought the PCR

We expect a full report.

6. john

john New Member

carry

I like My sig 229 in 40. It hides easy and in black stainless.

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

first thoughts from the range

I went to the range today with my new CZ PCR. I only shot steel targets at about 25 feet so I could get the feel of the recoil, etc. I'll shoot paper next time to see about my accuracy. It's the first time I've ever shot a 9MM. It felt really good. The sights went right back where they were supposed to, it seemed very natural. Not quite a "full" range report, but it works.

Oh yeah, my 12 and 14 year old boys shot it as well as my 17 year old daughter. The boys loved it, my daughter didn't, but she made me proud by at least trying. She went back to the 22 rifle and proceeded to clean the boys clocks at 50 yards.

8. Foul

Foul New Member

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/cz_0620/

Can't comment on this one, but I know of a lot of people that have the CZ 52 chambered in 7.62x25 and they absolutely LOVE these pistols.
    I can't imaging (at least I hope I can't imagine) that the apple falls far from the tree, so the quality and reliability are probably there.

9. MIchael

MIchael New Member

I realize its a little late to respond but since it has been a few months I am sure you have fallen in love with your CZ. I own a 75BD and a 75 compact and they have been great pistols. Actually, they are as accurate out of the box as any other pistol I own. Personally, I carry a Colt defender just cause I like the .45. However, I do mix it up and actually enjoy shooting the CZ's more than my Colt or Springfield (champion). If your gun is anything like my CZ's you will love it.

10. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Yes sir, I do indeed love this gun. I believe it shoots well and I know it feels good in my hands. I've put 1,200 rounds through it so far, all WWB. I shoot mostly steel targets, but did put about 200 rounds through paper. It shoots pretty good. I'm still learning trigger control, grip, etc. This is my first pistol, and the only one that I've shot so I get fliers every now and again, but I get tight enough groups that I'm not disappointed.

I've had no failures of any kind. I do clean it after each outing. Now that I'm sure it's a solid gun, I'm going to test some personal defense ammo, starting with GoldDot's.

11. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

That sure is a pertty gun there!

Wonder if they have any more! :bowdown:

12. MIchael

MIchael New Member

good to hear. I have only heard good things about CZ's. It is a market that is just catching on and I feel in a few years CZ's might control the U.S. market. Out of the box I will put any CZ up against any comparible pistol. Iknow its a bold statement but there is a reason they are the most popular handgun in the world.