Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I think it was a good reminder of our future responsibilities.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
They have done it every year for several years now. I like it.

Did anyone catch that dumb*** blond screwing up the lyrics to the national anthem? What a waste of space.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smn said:
I think it was a good reminder of our future responsibilities.
yeah, but i don't think the people reading it even know what they are stating. didn't know it happened every year, guess you can see i'm a college football fan.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Nope but I watched some of the Puppy Bowl haha. I didn't know the Super Bowl was today.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lespaulplayer said:
Nope but I watched some of the Puppy Bowl haha. I didn't know the Super Bowl was today.
we watched that earlier with our 3 dogs until all the barking at the TV became too much.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I heard it. I was hoping some else caught it.

BSCLibertarian said:
They have done it every year for several years now. I like it.

Did anyone catch that dumb*** blond screwing up the lyrics to the national anthem? What a waste of space.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
lespaulplayer said:
The puppy bowl was great. Someone asked me earlier today if I was going to watch the Super Bowl. I told them I wasn't because I really didn't follow basketball.

:lol:

Az

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
BSCLibertarian said:
Disgraceful. You'd think she would have practiced it more? Why can't people just sing it with heart and conviction instead of trying to put their own douchey spin on the anthem? Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
AV8R said:
BSCLibertarian said:
Disgraceful. You'd think she would have practiced it more? Why can't people just sing it with heart and conviction instead of trying to put their own douchey spin on the anthem? Drives me nuts.
It was on CNN. She said she just got nervous and messed it up. She had sung it at numerous baseball games over the last couple years and actually did a really good job. That's why she was selected for the Super Bowl this year.

The song covers a range of one and a half octaves, making it one of the hardest songs in the English language to sing.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I heard that before, that the National Anthem is a very difficult song to sing correctly. Still, remember the :censored: words.

I mean the Declaration of Independence is an amazing document, but why not read the Constitution? I think the US Constitution needs to read much more in public.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
EJR914 said:
I heard that before, that the National Anthem is a very difficult song to sing correctly. Still, remember the words.
I agree, but I also don't know what it's like trying to sing in front of the biggest audience a performer could ever be in front of. I imagine it's probably a bit stressful, even for seasoned performers.

EJR914 said:
I mean the Declaration of Independence is an amazing document, but why not read the Constitution? I think the US Constitution needs to read much more in public.
But then people might actually know what their rights are! :panic: :panic:

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
AV8R said:
BSCLibertarian said:
We could always bring Roseanne back...
:shattered:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
AV8R said:
BSCLibertarian said:
Unless you are Marvin Gaye who took the song and made it his. I wish he were still alive. I wasn't born yet but that's the first time I have heard people clap to the National Anthem.

Here is another time he sang it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
dcannon1 said:
AV8R said:
BSCLibertarian said:
It was on CNN. She said she just got nervous and messed it up. She had sung it at numerous baseball games over the last couple years and actually did a really good job. That's why she was selected for the Super Bowl this year.

The song covers a range of one and a half octaves, making it one of the hardest songs in the English language to sing.
I am surprised that someone who sings and performs for a living still gets nervous while performing. I guess being the super bowl brought extra pressure. I was shocked to say the least when she skipped some words. At least she did not stop singing like some have when they forgot the words. However I don’t feel like she has much of an excuse. LEARN THE WORDS!

Corey

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
lespaulplayer said:
AV8R said:
BSCLibertarian said:
Unless you are Marvin Gaye who took the song and made it his. I wish he were still alive. I wasn't born yet but that's the first time I have heard people clap to the National Anthem.

Here is another time he sang it.

Perspective: Marvin Gaye shat more talent in one squeeze than all of these pop tarts today could hope to ever have in their lifetimes. :righton:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts