Anyone carry a Ka-Bar TDI knife?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by RevolverDan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

If so, what are your thoughts? I've read a few good things about them and thought about picking one up. I'm not really a "knife guy". I have lots of cheap flip knifes laying all over the place, but nothing like this.

https://www.kabar.com/product/productDe ... umber=1482

2. groats

groats New Member

I have the smaller version. The large may fall into the grey area - too big for local laws, too small for your GWL. I don't know.

Other than that, it's sharp, seems sturdy, and comfortable to hold & carry.

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I'm thinking about picking one up. Any links to concealment options for carrying under a tucked shirt?

- Sent from my StarTac

4. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Looks to me like it's designed for slashing, which has never been an effective knife fighting technique. I'd tell you to go for something made for stabbing.

[​IMG]

5. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

Yes. Have the green handled version...given to me by Ka-Bar's John Stitt (Vice President).

I use this as my primary carry knife while overseas.

6. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

I plan on shooting if deadly force is required. My intended purpose for the knife is for use in my weak hand while securing my sidearm in my strong hand if someone were trying to take if from me.

7. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

I was looking at them but it does not fit well in my hand with the finger placement. Grip felt extremely awkward.

8. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

Disagree. Slashing is an important part of knife fighting. That's like saying jabbing isn't effective for boxing...You aren't going to knock the guy out with the jab, but it's still important.

The TDI allows for an execution of both a slashing and stabbing attack. The leverage you can apply with the curved design of the TDI allows for a more forceful stab than with the knife you pictured.

9. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

This is exactly why I carry the TDI on my weak side underneath my duty belt. The handle stays nicely hidden behind other gear on the belt.