Anybody ever shoot a CZ-82

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by foshizzle, Apr 2, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

These are pretty new pistols (1982+) and they are C&R eligible... for 200 BUCKS!!!!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Czec ... istol.html

200 bucks! They shoot 9x18 mak. I wouldn't carry it... but still... 200 bucks!!!

Anyone shoot one of these? I'm thinking of eating only Ramen and vitamins for two weeks to fit one into my hobby cost projections.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Pardon this naive question, but what does "C&R" stand for?

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Curio and Relics.

from the wiki

Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

2.) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

3.) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Thanks for that definition. The fact that it is C&R means...? You don't have to go through a FFL holder to purchase one?

I was on the CZ Shooters forum and they were talking about this gun also. One of the guys there bought one and apparently it was REALLY nice.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

On that link up there ^^, it says "FFL required".

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Just for the transfer, unless a C&R is considered a limited FFL, I thought it was.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Right. I ordered it right from that company this afternoon (AIM). The gun just went C&R so there is a demand for it... I should have it by Friday, normally I would have it tomorrow. Delivered right to my doorstep. I don't need to go through an FFL because I AM an FFL... as far as Curio and Relic firearms are concerned. I can buy anything on the C&R list (If I find a seller) and have it shipped right to me. I can also sell them but you can't do it as a business... you can't buy/sell like the FFLs you're used to seeing.

This link explains it a lot better than I can.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp

I got mine probably 8 months ago and have bought a few guns with it. It's good because you get really good prices, avoid the transfer fee, sales tax, hassle of shopping. Mostly you buy sight-unseen, so there is a downside... but if you deal with reputable places... like SOG, AIM, Century.. you can expect good stuff. You also get GOOD discounts at Brownells and Midway... on stuff like optics and reloading equipment. And you get a lot of cool mailers from dealers... good bathroom reading, lol.

A license costs 30 bucks and Atlanta is the main processing place. It only took me 3 weeks to get mine.

The REALLY cool thing is that C&R's are generally over 50 years old. But, in this case, the CZ82 uses 9x18 mak, which is not a 'normal' cartridge and it's a military surplus handgun... so it's eligible even though they are only 10-20 years old! This is actually cooler because it opens the door for the rest of the combloc guns that shoot 9x18... maybe we'll see Makarovs, Tokes and the like soon!

8. Wiley

Wiley Guest

What about post WWII 1911's? I might turn into a Cruffler for them.

As a side note to those old enough to remember the song: "One Toke over the line..." Sorry couldn't resist.

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/relics/

That's the list... up to 2001. There are plenty of Colts on there. Generally, if it's made prior to 1957 you should be OK.

Of course... like my CZ-82.... there are exceptions.

Recognize this one? I'll give you a hint. Pastel t-shirts and white sports coats.

10. Foul

Foul Guest

I know several guys on another forum I don't frequent much any more that absolutely swear by the various CZ pistols. I really want a CZ-52, but it might be a bit much for carry. Over penetration of that round (7.62x25) is well known.

11. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I carry the CZ PCR. Unfortunately I don't have anything to compare to, but I really do love it.

12. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

A shooting buddy has one. It's a nice bang for the buck.

13. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

I love CZs....with a little trigger work they are great shooters. You can pick up a CZ52 for about $139 right now. It shoots the 7.62x25 sub MG round which means its petty hot and lots of muzzle flash. another plus is that you can get 800rds of ammo for $72 from Century Arms right now.

I can constantly hit a paper plate at 100yrds with mine from a bench...not too shabby for a little pistol.

14. Taurus

Taurus Member

My bud in work just got a CZ-82 a few months back...He's a big fan of the CZ's...He says it shoots great and is fairly accurate...No MOA stats or anything like that, as if we care about our sub 1" groups, blah blah blah...But he says it's a hoot to shoot...

I'd love to add one to my collection...

15. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Makarov's are already on the list. At least, the East German ones are. Is how I bought mine...used my C&R for it. Yes, I'd like to see the Bulgarian ones added too. :D

16. David14

David14 Member

A buddy of mine is a big fan of the CZ82. I have one on order from Southern Ohio Gun, so I'll have to post a range report when it comes in.