Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a Sig P290RS or Beretta Nano?

I am considering selling my Kahr CW380, and replacing it with a similar sized 9mm. I'm leaning towards a Sig P290RS, but am also considering a Kahr CW9 and Beretta Nano.

How do you like yours? Is it small enough for pocket carry without being obvious that there's a gun in your pocket?

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I don't, but I have been eyeing this:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have a Tomcat.

I had one issue with it. It fun too fun to shoot, especially for a small gun. I found myself shooting it more than I wanted to pay for .32acp ammo.

·
codegeek reincarnate
901 Posts
I had a CW9. I felt like it was a little too big for pocket carry, so I traded it for a CM9. Be aware that both my CW9 and CM9 suffered from the Kahr "nose-dive" issue with higher capacity magazines. When firing the weapon, the first round would get stuck on the feed ramp and would not chamber. I honestly don't know if Kahr ever addressed this issue. They wouldn't even acknowledge it as a problem back in the day. With that said, I love my CM9 with six round magazines. It has never failed me, and it is a good size for pocket carry.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
I have a Beretta Neos 22 in Inox. Got it on a great deal. Guy bought for his wife. She did not like it so he returned it. Store could not sell it as new so . . .. She got a Ruger.

Anyway, it works near perfect. Eats any 22 ammo I put in it and works each time, every time. Next time I am in the market for a hangun, Beretta will get high consideration. Never really gave them much consideration and had not had any real interest in them. But the name gets high marks from me now.

Nemo

·
Administrator
7,145 Posts
Just this guy's OPINION:

The Beretta Nano is the SECOND worst POS Beretta has ever produced...

The number one POS would be the Pico... :puke:

I'd take a Kahr (or the Ruger LC9s) in a heartbeat over the Beretta.

I'm not a Beretta hater, love the 92FS and many of their other firearms, but I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they came out with those.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Adam5, what about a Glock 42?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Adam5, what about a Glock 42?
Sorry, I don't get along well with Glocks. If I ever bring one home, my girlfriend has implicit instructions to shoot me with it.

I used to have an original LC9 several years ago that I liked, but had to sell to raise some fast cash.

I ordered an LC9s Pro from CDNN tonight that will be here by Friday. I will pick it up at Cherokee on Sat morning when I pick up my HK.

I'm selling my CW380 to my father. He's mailing me a check in the morning and I'm shipping the gun to his FFL this weekend.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I didn't go with either one. I ordered a Ruger LC9s Pro.
My wife seems very happy with her LC9.

Me, I hate the trigger. But then, I nearly universally despise DA triggers of any variety, and pretty much always have. I admit it's my own personal bias, and one the wife doesn't share. She's not the most experienced shooter, however, and so hasn't handled dozens upon dozens of different types of guns. She doesn't have any problem with DA or DA/SA triggers from the experience she does have, and hasn't anything bad to say about her LC9.

The only DA I have fired in recent memory that I didn't hate came as quite a surprise: it was a Glock, of all things. The G43 to be precise. I shot it side-by-side with a Sig p938, and found the trigger on the G43 much better, despite the p938 being an SAO... largely thanks to the stupid 8.5lb. pull. The pull on the G43 is listed as also being about 8.5lbs., IIRC, but somehow had a much better feel to it, which jives with other reviews I've read that found the trigger on the comparison guns, both DA's, one (again, IIRC, can't find the article off-hand) a Walther and the other a Bersa, to be much better. The G43, however, was an extremely pleasant surprise, given I was sure from the start I'd hate it.

Still won't buy a Glock thanks to the UNsafe-action-trigger, but if I had to, it'd be a G43. Meantime, I'm stuck with 3+ lbs. of 1911 until I can find an SAO "pocket pistol" with a reasonable trigger, or from a manufacturer who won't void my warranty for fixing their political/engineering mistakes - as far as I can tell the triggers on the 238/938 are as awful as they are so they can be labelled as "Massachusetts Compliant", as if the other 312 million people in this country who don't live in Taxchusetts care about that crap, or deserve to be saddled with it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife seems very happy with her LC9.

Me, I hate the trigger. But then, I nearly universally despise DA triggers of any variety, and pretty much always have.
That's why I went with the 'S' model. It's striker fired, not DAO. The "S" Pro elimates the thunder safety and the mag disconnect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts