Any one trout fish!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by luke0927, Jun 22, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Its probalby my favorite form of fishing haven't been in a month or so but always looking for some good places to go just wonder if anyone else likes to hit the stream or river.

2. Foul

Foul New Member

I haven't been fishing since I moved up here to Georgia.
    I miss working the fly rod with popping bugs for bluegill, but I'd like to try flies and trout one day...if I can work a fly rod with an M44 slung over a shoulder.
    Me and nosy bears don't get along...

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I haven't been fishing in forever. I've only been a couple times to lakes and also a couple times deep sea. Two totally different worlds, IMO.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I like deep sea fishing.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I haven't been there, but I've been told that the trout fishing is good in the Chattahoochee River, a little below Buford Dam and Lake Lanier.

6. M249

M249 New Member

Buford Dam to Bull Sluice I know has trout. I caught mine on a crank bait while trolling Bull Sluice with my kayak, and not a fly, so I can't tell you what works and where to catch 'em in the river proper.

I hear there are trout in the streams of North Georgia. I'd love to fish for 'em but I haven't learned to use a fairy wand yet. :wink:

Some of the guys over at Atlanta Kayak Fishing are fly fisherman, they can probably tell you better than I.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Good places up in the North Georgia mountains. I have caught some in the Cartecay River which is in Ellijay. The river flows almost through town but I wouldn't get in there. Follow I think HWY 52 out of town going towards Dahlonega and pick a spot to park on the side of the road and get out there.

Maybe some of the locals on here could give you better directions......

8. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I'll fish on the Chattahoochee every now and then below the damn and down my HWY 20..... I have been wanting to go float it, its been a while my friend caught a 21" brown last time he floated from hwy 20 to McGinnis Ferry.

I usually go up to Cooper Creek or the Toccoa River...my family has some land on the Coosa river as well.... The streams are down right now but if anyone is ever interested in going drop me a PM might could take a trip up and do some trout fishing.....

I have only fly fished once when i was out in Montana...i just use ultra lite rods with spinner or salmon eggs, power bait etc....