Any Info On Fayette County Renewals?

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by brianh, Apr 25, 2007.

1. brianh

brianh New Member

My GFL expires later this year and I'll need to renew it in Fayette County. Fayette is one of those that apparently can't read or understand the 60 day shall issue part of the law and takes in excess of 90 days in most cases to issue new permits.

Has anyone renewed recently in Fayette County? Any info on how long it takes and if they issue temporary permits?

Also, a general question if I may...

What's the recommendation on when to apply for a renewal? 60 days? 6 months?

Thanks in advance!

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Last report was that they do not issue temporaries.

I would renew as soon as they allow it (which is funny because if they say 90 day before it expires, they are referring to something in the temporary renewal section of the law).

3. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Since by Law (yeah, I know) they must issue a temp if you are less than 90 days from expiration or 30 days after, I would be on the door step at 89 days prior.

If they refuse a temp, get all the clerk's full names, reasons, keep as full and complete notes as you can (take a small note pad). Might even print off some of the documentation that has been gathered for other counties.

If nothing else get a signed, dated reciept for all moneys paid.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wiley, Pinkey and the Brain is my favorite!

Did you see the one where the police stopped them on their way to Fort Knox?

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Micro-recorder for the win. No he said/she said.

6. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

:righton: I was thinking the same thing.

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Was that you?! :shock: I thought the caracter looked familiar! :)