Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the Smyrna area this week and wondering if there are any interesting shops or ranges that are worth checking out while I am in the area?
Any comments on Adventure Outdoors or Wild West Traders?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Adventure Outdoors has a massive collection, but no range. Even though they're usually pretty busy, I've found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly.

Great folks.

I've had mixed results with Wild West Traders/Hotshots. I've found the employees to be friendly, helpful, and great folks. They have a range, but I've listened to them talk while watching folks shoot, and they seem a bit over-aggressive in enforcing policy, but I follow the rules and they've been cool with me.

I won't purchase anything from them, but that stems from a policy they have in place that I disagree with.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,951 Posts
I have bought from Adventure Outdoors a few times. They have a great selection and good prices. Customer service varies, it's good more often than it's bad though.

For a range, there's Hot Shots at Windy Hill and Austell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Adam5 said:
I have bought from Adventure Outdoors a few times. They have a great selection and good prices. Customer service varies, it's good more often than it's bad though.

For a range, there's Hot Shots at Windy Hill and Austell.
Hotshots is the pawn shop, the gun store and range are now called Wild West Traders. I wonder if the Bloomberg lawsuit had anything to do with that. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adam5 said:
Ok, I didn't know that they had a name change. The lawsuit probably did have something to do with it.
Must have been a rough suit. You can't shoot anything bigger than a .357 mag there, they had to think twice about us shooting .357 sig. It is a fairly nice range, lots of room behind the lanes and decent equipment. A little dark downrange. Would be nice if you could shoot rifle calibrers.

Adventure Outdoors does have a bunch of stuff. Prices didn't seem great, okay. Some staff was nice and knowledgable, some no so much.

Any other places that I should check out tomorrow over this way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
Wow, looks like I wont be going to the range there anymore.

Wonder what brought about the .357 and under rule?
I think it's stupid, but if they don't want me shooting my .40 thats fine, I'm sure I can find another range in the area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ashe said:
Wow, looks like I wont be going to the range there anymore.

Wonder what brought about the .357 and under rule?
I think it's stupid, but if they don't want me shooting my .40 thats fine, I'm sure I can find another range in the area.
To clarify you can shoot a .40 S&W or .45ACP nothing more powerful than a .357mag/sig. .44mag, .50/.500, .17HMR, .22Mag, 5.7 or more powerful are NOT allowed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
pro2am said:
Nicks guns in Marietta. It'll be about 10 mins north of Windy Hill & I-75, off Canton Rd. and another 5-10 mins.

www.nicksguns.com

They have a range there. I've never used it. Customer service is average...one day it was great, the next not so good.
Formerly known as "Ed's Guns" and the range is pretty decent, and they don't care what you shoot. 8)
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,951 Posts
When I bought my Saiga, PPK/S and M&P-9, Nick's had th ebest price in town. Plus you get a $25 range credit with any gun purchase. I just need to find my way over there to use my range credit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
GrimJack said:
I am in the Smyrna area this week and wondering if there are any interesting shops or ranges that are worth checking out while I am in the area?
Any comments on Adventure Outdoors or Wild West Traders?

Thanks.
Seems to me after a couple of visits to WWT that their staff is pretty condescending and prices are at best average. Range is not well ventilated and HOT, as the old name/sign suggests. If you have another option than this shop I'd suggest you take advantage of it. My .02.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top