Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to snag a NIB OD green G39 for $400 yesterday and am eagerly awaiting delivery. Now to search out some good deals on ammo. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I think Volgrad used to have a 45GAP model glock. Do a search on it and you should turn up some hits. I think SO also had some good things to say about it too.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Legacy and I stocked up on GAP ammo during the drought, when ACP and 9mm ammo was non existent. We bought Georgia Arms ammo by the case, great ammo. I haven't priced it lately.
I am a huge GAP fan...

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Correction: that was Dawg, and not Vol, that was the GAP owner. As I finished writing the earlier post I suspected that I may have confused the two.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
I have a 37 and a 38 with the 38 being my primary carry gun on and off duty.

My carry ammo is the 200 grain Gold Dot.

Nice snag on the 39. I would very much like to ad one to the stable.

On another note, I haven't forgotten about you on the holster you were seeking info on a while back. I just haven't run across it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
legacy38 said:
I have a 37 and a 38 with the 38 being my primary carry gun on and off duty.

My carry ammo is the 200 grain Gold Dot.

Nice snag on the 39. I would very much like to ad one to the stable.

On another note, I haven't forgotten about you on the holster you were seeking info on a while back. I just haven't run across it.
Thanks, Legacy38. Forget about that holster. I bought an MTAC. I also like Gold Dots.

Thanks, SheriffOconnee. I'll check out Georgia Arms.

Thanks for the info, Moga. Vol did have a 45GAP at one time.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
moga said:
Correction: that was Dawg, and not Vol, that was the GAP owner. As I finished writing the earlier post I suspected that I may have confused the two.
Very difficult to confuse me with Vol. At 5'9", I tower over him! I'm dashingly handsome and he's, well, NOT! Vol childishly insists on flaunting his full head of hair while I am secure in my manly baldness!! :lol:

Other than that, he did once have a G38.....I have two of them and love the GAP!!!!! :righton:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just so this thread won't be worthless...here she is wearing a GAP base plate and a limbsaver grip.

I took her to the range today and ran 75 rounds through her. First, 25 185 gr. Gold Dots. There were 2 failures where the slide locked back with a round in the chamber. My thumb was hitting the extended slide stop. So, I adjusted my grip and fired 25 185 gr. American Eagles with no failures. Then I fired 25 230 gr. WWBs with 2 failures to extract. By that time, my hand was tired and I guess I limp wristed. Overall, I am pleased with the new G39.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Melissa5 said:
Then I fired 25 230 gr. WWBs with 2 failures to extract. By that time, my hand was tired and I guess I limp wristed. Overall, I am pleased with the new G39.
Assuming you mean Winchester White Box - I've never fired it through my 20 or 29, but I've had this problem with it in my 1911 - it's cheap ammo that's good for a range, but very water-down. I'd never carry it, but @ 100 rds for $32, it's fine to plink with in .45ACP - I imagine that the GAP ammo is also a little on the light side, may not be cycling properly or have enough "boom" to throw the slide back.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vr6glidriver said:
Melissa5 said:
Then I fired 25 230 gr. WWBs with 2 failures to extract. By that time, my hand was tired and I guess I limp wristed. Overall, I am pleased with the new G39.
Assuming you mean Winchester White Box - I've never fired it through my 20 or 29, but I've had this problem with it in my 1911 - it's cheap ammo that's good for a range, but very water-down. I'd never carry it, but @ 100 rds for $32, it's fine to plink with in .45ACP - I imagine that the GAP ammo is also a little on the light side, may not be cycling properly or have enough "boom" to throw the slide back.
Yes, now that you've said that, the two failures didn't sound like the other shots. More of a whoosh than a boom.

I really want to stock up on Georgia Arms for the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts