Anxiety

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by young_, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Glad to hear things worked out well. Guess I was practicing for our illustrious gov up here because I think I got my post above in the wrong thread. Dayum! But resurrection like this is fun sometimes.

Nemo

young_ likes this.
  2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Normally I'd let you feel like you are losing it. But in this case you aren't. A spammer posted in this thread bringing it back to life and savannah dan replied to him about weed. Both posts have been removed

Op- I'm really glad you've got your life under control. Hopefully you get the chance at some point to help someone else going thru that.

young_ likes this.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Thanks for letting me know I lost only some. But I am confident a few (at least) around here feel I lost it all long ago. And with the elections I have no chance of getting it back.

Seems CANIGLIA V STROM is appropriate for many here now.

Nemo

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

You had to go and spoil it, didn't you? :lol:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

How is the LVH now? What caused it? High blood pressure?

6. young_

young_ Member

Relatively under control. My symptoms flare up any time I put my heart under a lot of stress (particularly intense physical activity).. think like.. a motor skipping and busting up at high rpms only.

Doctor says it was a combination of diet and lifestyle in the fire service. Working 48 hour shifts at times, little to no sleep.. living on energy drinks, being in high stress situations, a ton of stress at home (adding up to consistently high blood pressure), and then the physical demands of the job.

I’ve always been a smaller individual and I was asking way too much of my body carrying 120 pounds of gear when I weighed 130.. dragging a charged hose line through an 800 degree house.. after having just woken up at 3am with maybe an accumulated 3 hours of sleep over the last two days.

Stuff like that just too frequently. The number one killer of firefighters is heart attacks.

7. Malum Prohibitum

elevated blood pressure can, however, be effectively brought back to normal, and ventricular hypertrophy reversed, by propranolol.​
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1831908/

An important clinical finding of the current study is the rapid regression of LV hypertrophy both in high- and normal-aldosterone patients, with a larger effect observed in the high-aldosterone patients (21% versus 12% reduction at 6 months).​
    https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.109.141531

After a mean treatment period of only 7.5 months, there was a significant (P < .001), 17.5% decrease in LVMI with a further continuous and significant (P < .001) decrease of 38.6% after 38.3 ± 3 months of therapy. In 90.5% of the patients a complete reversal of LVH was achieved.​
    https://academic.oup.com/ajh/article/11/6/631/111281

In endurance exercise training, exercise sessions consisted of a 10-minute warm-up followed by 30 to 50 minutes of endurance exercise, including brisk walking, slow jogging, or cycling. The intensity of the exercise was related to maximal heart rate, and determined by monitoring heart rate during the exercise sessions. Initially, the exercise intensity was adjusted to elicit a heart rate between 60–70% of maximal heart rate. After 3 months, exercise intensity was increased to elicit a heart rate of 70–80% of maximal heart rate. The subjects were required to attend four exercise sessions per week. The exercise prescription was evaluated on a weekly basis, taking into consideration the subjects' symptoms and their BP responses​
    https://academic.oup.com/biomedgerontology/article/55/4/M245/2948094

young_ likes this.
  8. young_

young_ Member

I’m currently without insurance but I originally took propranolol but had issues that we never got sorted with the dosage. Kept getting lightheaded when standing, turning too fast, etc. bottomed out my blood pressure.

I should be getting insurance through work soon after the end of my probationary period next month, and hope to get back on the path again.

9. Malum Prohibitum

That is only the very first article, propranolol. Every article deals with something different. I just left them here for you in case you find something useful to take away. LVH is completely reversible.

The last one is just a certain type of exercise - last I checked, you do not need insurance for that.

Also, some of the drugs are very cheap even without insurance.

If you have high blood pressure now (you did not say), then you absolutely need to get it under control. Obviously, there is the LVH issue, but it also damages your eyes and kidneys. Kidney damage is not reversible, and high blood pressure is probably the number one cause of kidney issues.

young_ likes this.
  10. Malum Prohibitum

https://www.goodrx.com/propranolol

ten bucks at Kroger for 60 tabs at 10mg

young_ likes this.
  11. young_

young_ Member

I appreciate the resources. Coincidentally I do have chronic kidney stones and have had them since the 5th grade (28 years old now). Last CT scan showed over a dozen between both kidneys and had a surgery last year on an 8mm that caused Hydronephrosis and threatened my right kidney.

12. young_

young_ Member

IMG_4424.png
    Ekg results at time of diagnosis and blood pressure. Heart rate was 123 when ekg was taken.

13. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Lisinopril was added to my meds. It reduced my heart wall thickness.

14. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

Tried anything? Our Army Doctors recommended daily Vitamin C due to us drinking desalinated water high in minerals. Edit: While station in Kuwait.

15. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Extra magnesium will help calm the heart muscle and may protect against some types of kidney stones.

You need a lot of blood work to help find out what ails you. Get a good doc who will be willing to dig into everything. Thyroid can mess you up if it's overactive. It will increase BP and heart rate.

Check out Privatemdlabs online. You can order blood tests cheap.