Anvil Arms

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mswicord, Aug 11, 2007.

1. mswicord

mswicord New Member

Does any one have any experience with the AR's made by Anvil Arms?

What have you heard about these rifles?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've never heard of them. What is the price range on them?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Maybe here would be a good place to start for you.

4. Jon-Anvil_Arms

Jon-Anvil_Arms New Member

Hi Guys,

Actually our base gun starts at $800 and includes a bunch of options (Choices) that the client must make. These include barrel type and length, hand guard type, furniture color and style, upper receiver type, and more, all for the same $800.

We have a full line of options including free floating hand guards, flip sights, red dot optics, slings, magazines and more!

Stop by our website and take a look around. Feel free to ask any questions at all!

Jon Kruger
    President, Anvil Arms LLC.
    Lakeland, FL.

Lifetime NRA Member

863-398-4460

Jon@AnvilArms.com

http://www.AnvilArms.com

5. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Welcome Mr. Kruger! Ya mean I gotta think an' decide??? :scared:

Looked like nice work.

6. Jon-Anvil_Arms

LOL.. Yeah, almost like taking a test, you better study! :D

Jon K.

7. M249

M249 New Member

Welcome to the boards!

8. Jon-Anvil_Arms

Did Jesse Jackson REALLY say that?? Is he really that stupid??

Worse yet is the people that follow him probably believe he is telling it 100% straight up.

Jon K.

Oh.. and THANKS for the warm welcome!! :p

9. mswicord

mswicord New Member

I have a M4 style less..have really enjoyed it.

I must admit Anvil has great customer service....had a problem with it, called Jon, sent the upper back and got a new one.....this was great....

If I had the $ I would buy another one......

And yes I had to make a choice.....it was neat watching your rifle being custom make as you ordered it....this is what I call great turn around time...

Mark

10. M249

M249 New Member

Roger that. I think both quotes are dumb, but Jesse's statement is just full-blown ridiculous. Quotation is from the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-gunshop_07aug07,1,4340418.story?track=rss

GPDO is a great bunch of folks, so I'm glad you found us. Since you visited us, I'm going to give Anvil Arms a look. I'm in the market for an upper anyway, and I like the engraving I've seen on your lowers. :)

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Jon:

Will your site be updated to be able to build a custom rifle? If not, where can I see options, etc.? I'm not in the market any time soon, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yes. You got any of those? :lol:

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yes. You got any of those? :lol:[/quote:3gmrl13x]

+1, put me on that list.

14. Jon-Anvil_Arms

I wanted to have the site so you could start with a standard gun and start picking options that would then show up on the picture in front of you as you picked them. Are you sitting down? (I assume you probably are) I checked with several website developers and the average cost to do a professional site with that level of function, $10,000.

I think it is more important to spend the money on building you a top quality gun instead of building me a fancy website.

However, if you go to this page: http://anvilarms.com/pc-35-14-standard-carbine.aspx There is a listing and description of a lot of the options and some pricing info as well. That should give you a good general idea of what we do.

When we build a custom gun we just start with the price of the base gun and add the cost of the options. We do not add a "custom charge" and we do not add labor charges to build it your way.

If you go to http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=244&t=155811 (That is on AR15.com) there are a bunch of pictures of guns we have built for people there. That should help give you some ideas.

Jon K.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Thanks, Jon. Yea, I knew web development costs a pretty penny. Thanks for the links.

16. Jon-Anvil_Arms

You are most welcome. If you still have questions, please email me and I'll do my best to answer them!

Jon@AnvilArms.com

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Do any stores in Georgia carry your products or must they be ordered from you? I'm interested in eventually getting a stripped lower and would like to avoid the FFL transfer non sense if possible.