Registered
4,322 Posts
Did you inform them that we have them listed as a link? :mrgreen:

·
68,642 Posts
slabertooch said:
Did you inform them that we have them listed as a link? :mrgreen:
That is worth a reply email!

And who is "them?" I think it is just that lady . . . I also think they are the local Sarah Brady affiliate.

What they are for:
"The safe and legitimate use of firearms for sport and hunting purposes."

No self defense?

No keeping a body of armed citizens ready for draw as a militia, trained to arms and showing up when called with their private arms of the type in common use at the time?

Odd.

I guess seizing weapons during times of declared emergency and jailing people who put their gun in the "wrong place" in the car do not interfere at all with "sport and hunting purposes."
:roll:

Mzmtg, please send her a reply email telling her that this site has a link to her site and asking if, in light of this new information, she will reconsider. :D

This can be fun.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first Email:
To whom it may concern,
I just recently saw your organization's web site. I have two links that I feel would be useful additions to your "Resources & Links" page.

The first one is http://www.georgiapacking.org (GPO). GPO is a great resource for anyone interested in a full listing and explanation of Georgia's many gun laws. There is also a great message board.

The second site is http://www.georgiacarry.org (GCO). GCO is a grassroots organization that is dedicated to preservation and expansion of Georgians' firearms rights. GCO is a relatively new organization, but, as you can see from their web site, they have been very busy.

Thanks,
Ben
Acworth, GA
Her reply:
Ben:

We're familiar with both organizations, and don't believe we share the same values related to firearms. Georgiacarry.org supported HB 89, we opposed it.

Thanks for your interest.

Alice
My reply (PUN ALERT!):
Well, it was worth a shot.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll come up with something else to send her.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
[puntag] tongue in cheek [/puntag]

Well It was worth a shot, not that I would want to trigger a battle over something as explosive as gun rights. I wouldn't be to quick to bolt from the fact that we supported HB 89, as we both seen to have some common targets in our sights. Perhaps we should both holster our disagreements...

anyone else?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the best I could come up with, for now:
Alice,
I don't know if you realize that GPO has a link to your site at: http://www.georgiapacking.org/links_antigun.php

I wonder if you would reconsider linking to GPO on yours. Both of the sites would benefit from the link swapping.

The more discussion we have on issues and the more exposure to all viewpoints, the better, right?

Ben

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
:rotfl:

I wonder if she will just ignore your message or if she might even look at the address & notice the "links_antigun" part.

TOO DAMN FUNNY!

·
Registered
994 Posts
From the page of links on their site:

Here are some useful links in the debate on gun safety in the United States.
If this statement is accurate I would think GPO would be a great addition to their site.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Load your gun only when you are ready to fire it.
I think this recommendation from Georgians for Gun Safety may border on irresponsible. I can't say that I have ever heard any instructor or self defense expert make this suggestion before. Given the 21 foot rule I do not think loading your weapon just-in-time is a prudent course of action. :wink:

·
68,642 Posts
Well, Georgians for Gun Safety does not believe in firearms for self-defense, but only for sport and hunting (and I am not sure how strongly she, oh, I mean they, of course, :wink: believe in even that). Accordingly, waiting to load it until you are ready to shoot seems perfectly reasonable when one assumes that shooting somebody with a knife inside 21 feet and about to stab you is an act that is malum in se.

See? :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Their "safe gun ownership" page states:
People own guns for several reasons-for hunting, for target practice or other shooting sports, and/or for self defense.

Since self-defense is not one of the points they enumerate as being "against", I assumed they acknowledged self-defense as a valid use of a firearm, though it is not something they promote.

I hope my assumption was not unfounded. If it was, wouldn't that mean they are not being open about what their true agenda is? I would hate to think they are not being intellectually honest seeing how "obfuscation of the issues" seems to be a serious concern of theirs. I think hiding the fact that they are opposed to a person's right to defend himself or his family to appear more reasonable to the citizens of this state would qualify. :wink:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
When you live in a dream world, anything is possible.
Good point. That's why I only summer there. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts