Anti web site expiration

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by kkennett, Nov 3, 2006.

1. kkennett

kkennett New Member

The following website http://www.georgiansforgunsafety.org/ had their registration expire on 10/4/2006. Is this group defunct? If not, maybe one of you web guys should take it from them! :D We could then post some good stuff about gun control, i.e., how to shoot well.

2. Taler

Taler New Member

Does anyone know how long the present owner has to renew?

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:-$ I have already put in an order to snag the domain name if it expires.

The typical grace period is 2 months from the date, so if they forget to renew by December, I will own it.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

They renewed the .org domain but forgot to renew the .com domain that it appears to be pointing to.

Better news is that if they forget to renew the .com by Monday the 13th, I will probably own it.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Love it !!!

Is this the group founded by friends of Greg and Melanie Musack (spelling?) Greg is the guy who was gunned down at Perimeter Mall by some crazy guy with a gun. This happened in the early 1990s. Just like the Long Island Railroad shooter of a few years later, in both cases a black male with a long history of mental problems got a gun and decided to follow the advice of the little voices in his head, which said to go to places where white people congregate and shoot a bunch of them. I spoke to Melanie a few weeks after it happened, to try to explain how gun control doesn't make people "safer" generally. (Although in this particular case, it's a good thing the shooter, James Calvin Brady I think his name was, only had a .38 revolver and not a 17-round Glock or a 30+ round Tec-9. He emptied his gun into the crowed but was tackled or talked out of his weapon when his weapon was empty.)

Let's put some stuff up there about gun safety: Safe storage, safe but quickly accessible storage, safe carrying (proper holster, etc.), kids and guns (at what age should hands-on training begin?), safe gun handling (i.e. the difference between "magazine loaded" and "chamber loaded"), and safe shooting (what happens if I load the wrong caliber ammo into my gun? What is an adequate backstop? Why are eye and ear protection important?).

If we do it right, we could make "Georgians For Gun Safety" the kind of resource that cops and gun store clerks refer people to when they get questions from newbies about the safety issues regarding firearms.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

What a great idea. Take a negative and turn it into a positive. Here's hoping you get ownership of the site name.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

And a link to this site, of course, which really is full of Georgians that are indeed for "gun safety," unlike the Orwellian-named site there now. It ought to be Georgians for using the coercive power of government to threaten gun owners into not have guns available for self defense.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I lost the auction for the Domain name. Oh well, I gave it a try anyway.