Another Walmart Story: Toccoa

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Jmark, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Well, I went into Wally World last night to pick up a 10/22 to use in the upcoming Appleseed shoot in Toccoa. While waiting for the manager to show I just about called out a "Gunstore Commando", who was talking about his tripod mounted Barret .50 cal belt-fed and his full auto AK that he is licensed to have. :roll: I was just trying to roll along with his conversation till I asked if he had any suppressors, "Nope they are illegal", I disagreed but another customer showed up and I didn't want to start arguing.

Anyhow the manager, Chris I believe, finally showed and while walking me to the front door I asked him about their stores policy about GFL's, he saw mine when checking the paperwork. His response was only "whats that?" After I explained it to him he said; "Oh, if we know you are carrying we will ask you to leave. Unless we are required to allow you to carry (i.e. Police), we don't want anyone carrying here. You know all of these kids running around." That was the basic gist of the conversation and I didn't want to push things with both of us carrying guns. :lol:

BTW: I had a my S&W 1911PD with a 4.25" barrel in a Bianchi OWB minimalist holster on under my shirt. Not very concealed and he never noticed.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

You meet all kinds at the Walmart. I think of that place as cheap ammo and cheap entertainment!!!!!!

Always a fun trip

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't doubt that the Barrett is possible to build. Would be a waste of barrels, though. And there are tons of full-auto AKs. It's possible that this guy lives at home and has spent every last cent of his WalMart paychecks for hte last two years on the guns...

4. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Well he did have a shred of believability till he said "Silencers are illegal". I also asked him where he shoots that gun, the Barret, around here and his response was that he doesn't, he goes to Camp Perry. :lol:

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

It takes all types to make the world go round, seams like these types are getting more and more.

Not to change the subject but what do you think of the Bianchi Minimalist, just ordered mine last night.

6. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

It's not bad. I picked it up from Bass Pro to get me by till my Memphis gets here from Souther Holsters. I wouldn't use the elastic retainer though, it has enough retention without it.

7. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Barrett makes a belt-fed??? I'm calling BS (even though I feel like the official who throws a flag after the head ref has already blown the wistle)

8. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

BTW, this guy actually works there. Isn't that clear in my first post.

9. budder

They don't have to make one for one to be possible. I don't see why an exceptional gunsmith couldn't convert it. After all, the guy has the 13-15k needed for a FA AK. Surely he can spend another 1-2k on a belt-feeding conversion for his .50 ;)

10. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Sounds more like someone who saw a .50 cal M2 once on TV, then saw that the barret fires a .50bmg round and assumed that they were the same.

I had a foreman I worked with (carpenter) who claimed to be a SEAL. After a few weeks of credible stories, I asked him some pretty simple questions related to tactics and weapons, and I got the "read it in a book/saw it in a movie" answers.

I don't know who said it, but a SEAL Team Commander said that 90% of the stories about SEALs are told by people who wanted to be one.

Heck a few weeks ago I was playing poker at a local establishment and a guy ,after finding out I was in the Marines, tried to convince me that he was a SEAL. After calling him out on it at the table (in front of 8 other players), he backed off and said that he was attached to a SEAL unit. Even then he had some pretty tall claims, like "carrying concealed .45s in foreign ports of call". :roll:

11. budder

Oh, almost certainly. He *is* a WalMart goon, after all.

12. I guess Chris wasn't there the Saturday two weeks ago when I OC'd there for about 30 mins while helping my wife pick up a few things for her Sister. :D

13. M249

M249 New Member

I actually had a Wal-Mart employee stop and question me about my firearm...

He wanted to know if I was harassed often for OCing. He then proceeded to tell me that he, a GFL holder, had be harassed by a Cobb LEO when he admitted to having a firearm in the vehicle and was told that "it had to be in the glove box unloaded." I pointed the young man to GCO and GPDO.

14. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

yet another uninformed LEO sighting :handcuffs: [we need to start a thread on this] good job on the info sharing :righton:

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:righton: