Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank goodness for "officer safety!" :D

Undercover detectives were posing as drug dealers in a reverse sting operation when Singletary confronted them with a gun, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Dwain Senterfitt said.

"You don't expect people to come point a gun at you," Senterfitt said. "At that point, it became about officer safety."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/10870586/detail.html

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Nice :cry: At what cost are we doing these things. I dunno, perhaps our undercover cops could have asked permission to be on the man's property. As I read it, they were armed, apparently drug dealing, trespassers.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
So let me see if I am tracking here.

I sell drugs, I am committing a crime that is punishable by going jail for more time than rapists and murders.

A police officer sells the same drugs and he is a hero, ridding the community of scum.

And just for clarity, I can't break the law...only the people paid to enforce the law can break the law.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a system like that... :puke:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
"I never would have thought he would have gotten shot by a police officer," said niece Sheree Bea. "I thought if he ever got shot it would have been in a confrontation with a drug dealer."
In this case they were one and the same. The police were the drug dealers.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Is there a real law or case law that explicitly says that the police are allowed to break the law to enforce the law?

Or is it more of the "we, the government, hold a monopoly on force. And you'll like it."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts