Another SOB is having is nap dirt

Discussion in 'In the News' started by kestak, May 3, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Yesterday around 17:30, I went to a local Augusta, GA gunstore to finally buy an SD45 compact. When I enterred the store, there was a military soldier (rank captain) buying a Glock handgun.

He was just buying a handgun because he just shot a burglar with his SKS 7.62 at 15:30. the funny thing is that he chased away the burglar, called 911 and the burglar came back to get shot...

The thing that surprised me the most was that the soldier was not even shaken by that "little" incident.

Thank you

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is there a news report, by any chance? Usually newspapers have a section devoted to police reports.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

First- Goes to show you how stupid criminals can be....

Second- Not so surprising about the demeanor of the military officer. Did you ask him about his service history? If he was in "Theater" then he has seen his share of bad people. So taking care of one more piece of crap is probably not going to phase him. My feelings are if a person is going to commit a crime they have just bumped themselves to the the bottom of the "life" chain.

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Soldier comes home early, kills burglar
    By Timothy Cox| Staff Writer
    Thursday, May 03, 200731 commentsPRINTEMAIL A man who police said broke into an Army officer's south Augusta house to steal guns was fatally shot Wednesday by the soldier living there.

1 / 2

Timothy Cox/Staff
    A man who police said broke into an Army officer's south Augusta house to steal guns was fatally shot Wednesday by the soldier living there.
    Click photo for optionsErrol Lavar Royal, 29, of the 2200 block of Ramblewood Drive was pronounced dead at Medical College of Georgia Hospital about 6:45 p.m. Police said he lived with his parents near the burglarized home in the 3400 block of Linderwood Drive in the Pepperidge subdivision.

Capt. Barre Bollinger, an Iraq war veteran, told police he returned from work about 3:30 p.m. and found his house had been ransacked, said Richmond County sheriff's Investigator Thomas Johnson.

Capt. Bollinger told police he entered his bedroom and noticed that guns were missing.

He grabbed his SKS rifle - a weapon similar to an AK-47 assault rifle - and called 911, Investigator Johnson said.

"While on the phone with 911, he sees the suspect approaching his back door. Because he believes the man now is armed with his stolen weapons, Mr. Bollinger fires at him three times," Investigator Johnson said.

Mr. Royal was shot at least twice in the stomach area. A search of his residence produced two guns taken from Capt. Bollinger's house and marijuana, the investigator said.

Neighbors told police that Capt. Bollinger, who is stationed at Fort Gordon, generally works from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but occasionally returns home early.

As of now, there are no plans to charge Capt. Bollinger in the shooting, police said.

A similar shooting occurred a week ago, when a woman shot an intruder on Lexington Drive, less than a mile from Linderwood Drive.

Reach Timothy Cox at (706) 823-3217 or tim.cox@augustachronicle.com.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/050307/met_127036.shtml

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. Malum Prohibitum

The title of this post ought to be "Who Needs an Assault Rifle?"

:lol:

7. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Have to keep an eye out for the follow-up story..."Errol Lavar was a good boy, was just beginning to turn his life around, wanted to go to college to be a neurosurgeon, etc. etc." :roll:

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Man shes Fast!!!!!!

9. kestak

kestak New Member

Yes, this is the story...

But what they did nto mention is that the burglar came back into the home. he was not shot outside the home.

thank you

10. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

You have no idea... they call me the queen of google.

11. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:-k

12. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Thats Ms. Queen of Google

Alright, we now have the Queen of Google, who wants to be the King of Snope's?
    :bowdown: :bowdown:

So I didn't know that a SKS is simular to a AK. The one (SKS) that I own must be a different model because it looks nothing like the AK.
    :rotfl: :woohoo:

13. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Dedication, two hours after shooting this SOB he is at the shop to buy more guns. Did the police keeps those that had been recovered from the BG house as evidance? They must not have questioned him very long either.

=D> :cheers:

14. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Yes, the police took the stolen guns and the SKS as evidence. it is why the guy went to buy a new gun for his protection.

Thank you

15. Malum Prohibitum

Can someone please explain to me why they seize all the guns as "evidence?"

Is there some dispute as to which firearm shot the burglar?

If you keep your $1.5 million dollars in life savings in your mattress, and a burglar steals it, and you shoot him, will they seize it so that you have to eat dog food in old age?

What sense does this make?

Is it required?

Can you get it back? When? After a no bill? After the burglar trial?

:?

16. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Because the guns are a part of a criminal investigation, they were stolen, and until the lab guys are done playing with them, the police will retain them.

still sucks though

from what I understand, the only gun that wasn't stolen was the SKS that he retrieved and shot the bugler with, or maybe I'm reading too much between the lines.

17. Taurus

Taurus New Member

LMAO!! You ain't right.. :lol:

SKS and AK are very similar...You can interchange most components between either of them....

They even share the same owners manual:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/W7227.html

Now back to the main point, what would this stupid SOB expect to happen when ya walk into a soldiers home?? He must have been slightly suicidal... :shock:

18. Malum Prohibitum

19. Malum Prohibitum

They ain't gonn run no tests on nothin'! :roll: