1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wgal.com/news/14170158/detail.html

2 Delaware State University Students Shot
Classes At Dover Campus Canceled For Friday

Police are looking for one person in the shooting of two students at Delaware State University in Dover early Friday morning.

According to a release on the school's Web site, at approximately 12:54 a.m. the Delaware State University Police Department was notified of an incident in which two students were shot on campus near Memorial Hall.

A single male suspect is being sought, but has not yet been apprehended. The investigation is continuing with the assistance of other local police.

A male student and a female student were transported to hospitals within the state. The male student is in stable condition, however, the female student’s injuries are considered serious.

Classes at the Dover campus have been canceled for the day. Non-essential personnel are being told not to report to work.

The school's Web site said that the university is implementing a plan to provide essential services to the students taht live on campus. Because the suspect is still at large, residential students are directed to remain in their residence halls for their safety until further notice.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
residential students are directed to remain in their residence halls for their safety until further notice.
That's good...just stay in a place where you can't be armed...that'll keep you safe :roll:

·
69,743 Posts
Universities are off limits in Delaware, but not if you have a firearms license.

See section 1457

Actually, NO school is off limits if you have a firearms license. (It is a little tricky, but you have to look at the offenses, one of which is carrying a concealed weapon, but it referes to section 1442, which has an exception if you have a license).

·
69,743 Posts
http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/p ... le=Schools

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE MAP FROM BLACK TO GREEN?

Apparently, accordingly to handgunlaw.us, Delaware has some firearms regulations (not statutes) pertaining to parks, but that is it. Everything else on that map should be green. Bars, churchs, government buildings, schools, all of them.

GS1?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Universities are off limits in Delaware, but not if you have a firearms license.

See section 1457

Actually, NO school is off limits if you have a firearms license. (It is a little tricky, but you have to look at the offenses, one of which is carrying a concealed weapon, but it referes to section 1442, which has an exception if you have a license).
http://www.desu.edu/housing/policies_4.php

Weapons

Because of the threat of violence in our society, we are very concerned about weapons in our residence halls. Therefore, we prohibit the possession of weapons or those items that a casual observer might perceive to be a weapon (e.g., toy guns, stun guns etc.). Persons found to be in possession of such items or weapons may be charged with a violation of the Code of Student Conduct. For further information on this policy, please read the student handbook.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
:lol: Not exactly state law, is it?
I’m sure it effectively disarms the vast majority of the students and faculty.

·
Registered
760 Posts
mzmtg said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
:lol: Not exactly state law, is it?
I WISH that was all the schools in Georgia could do. I'd carry every day, screw their rules.

·
16,485 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
mzmtg said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":1nl1ujxs]:lol: Not exactly state law, is it?
I dunno. What is a residence hall?[/quote:1nl1ujxs]
A place on campus where students reside? Dorms, student apartments, the classrooms. Well, maybe not the last one.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I dunno. What is a residence hall?
A place for debauchery and stupidity. At least freshmen dorms anyway.

·
69,743 Posts

·
69,743 Posts
University spokesman Carlos Holmes said these measures were taken for the security of staff and students, since the shooter had not been
found.

"As long as he's at large, we cannot ensure the security of anyone on campus," he said. "We would hope that he's gone by now because of all the police we have on campus. Given the lessons of the tragedy this year" at Virginia Tech, "we cannot assume that."
Bingo!

·
69,743 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":25vrg3yj]http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/abo...ry.org/cms/map data/schools.xml&title=Schools

Apparently, accordingly to handgunlaw.us, Delaware has some firearms regulations (not statutes) pertaining to parks, but that is it. Everything else on that map should be green. Bars, churchs, government buildings, schools, all of them.

GS1?
It's done, its done! :D[/quote:25vrg3yj]

And now it is not done. :?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":3ctx3s2r][quote="Malum Prohibitum":3ctx3s2r]http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/abo...ry.org/cms/map data/schools.xml&title=Schools

GS1?
It's done, its done! :D[/quote:3ctx3s2r]

And now it is not done. :?[/quote:3ctx3s2r]

So should I change parks to green or leave it red?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts