Another reason to carry at home...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mzmtg, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

From a guy from South Dakota. Pictures taken from his kitchen onto
    his patio deck. He wishes to remain anonymous. I have a bad feeling
    of what may have happened to the cat. It was watching his little
    kids on the kitchen floor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd image that cat would look better stuffed or on the wall.

3. Foul

Foul New Member

That would look beautiful stretched out flat on my living room floor...

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Even better.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I saw that on Glock Talk. If I saw that outside, that door would be full of holes !!!

6. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

here kitty kitty :minigun: good kitty

7. rajl

rajl New Member

Yeah, I'd be quietly explaining to whoever else I was living with why we had to sleep with extra blankets that night.

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:shock:

I'm not a big hunter, been there done that & it's easier to go to the butcher shop, I get no kick out of killing a dumb animal that essentially has zero chances against a human. It might be one thing if you went out with a knife and had to stalk a deer/bear/moose/whatever and take it out hand to hand. I digress.

If I was out in the wilds, camping/hiking I would be like "Wow! look what I got to see close up and survived to tell about it". But... something has to be a bit off with an animal that comes near a human habitation when lights are on & people are moving about & making noise. Rabid? It doesn't look sick or starving. Maybe just in an area where it's been de-sensitized to humanity, like bears at Yellowstone. So I'd normally call the local animal authorities & work on getting it safely removed & relocated howver if I had kids around looking like the snack de'jour....

:shoot:

9. rajl

rajl New Member

That's the problem Tinkerhell, it's a big predatory animal that has become desensitized to humans. That makes it extremely dangerous. As for waiting for animal control to come look for it and track it in the morning, no thank you. I don't know what it might get up to during the night. Maybe attack another human? Maybe decide to try and break the glass in the door and invite itself in? Maybe wait until morning to pounce on me as go to pick up the morning paper?

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Some guy in CA got mauled pretty badly by one of these a week or so ago. An "expert" was explaining the reason we're seeing more attacks by large cats is due to several interelated actions.

The increased deer population is sustaining larger numbers of cats.

Increased cat population puts pressure on the cats to expand their range. Young males are pushed out of the areas where they were born by the alpha males in those area.

People are expanding into areas that heretofore have been wild.

Young and hungry cats are attacking people because there's more contact between the two species resulting in more opportunities for the cats.

To a large cat, an unarmed human is easy prey and a downright tasty snack.

In CA, cats found to be unafraid of people are considered too dangerous to be relocated. Consequently, they're put down by the state wildlife people or the CHP.

11. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Stupid question (I've never hunted) What would you need to shoot it with? Would a .45 do the job?

12. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Yes, a .45 should do the job at that distance.

I would definitely have killed it, for no other reason than this.

What's not to say that sucker wouldn't wait outside in the bushes, even until the next day until it gets an opportunity. Glass can be replaced! Loved ones can't! Tough for the cat, but oh well... given an opportunity it would chow on those kids in an instant.

13. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

If that thing had looked at my pet I would have killed it.

I'm from South Georgia and I remember when the state of Florida annoucned they were releasing panthers back into the wild. I got a shotgun that Christmas :D. Everyone knew it was illegal to shoot them, but if we had ever saw one, it would have died.

Any predatory animal that is brazen enough to approach a house like that and then watch my children, wife, or pets with "intent" is going to get a mag full of something in the .30 caliber range or some slugs/buckshot.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean I would be proud about it, they are beautiful animals and deserve as much habitat and respect as we can afford to give them, but any animal that isn't afraid of me doesn't respect me. The end.

14. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Id rather kill that beautiful animal than have someone laugh at me in the next faces of death video!

15. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

I think a 20 round magazine of .308 from my H&K FA91 or FN/FAL would do the trick. 8)

Of course, after firing that inside the house, I'd not be listening to any music for a week or so... :shock:

16. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That and you would be finding brass weeks later (ejected brass has a fairly unique ability to be able to locate any important holes or gaps and wedge themselves in tightly).

17. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

So do small toys in the hands of my 5 year old. :shock: 8)

18. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

19. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I saw this on Glock Talk as well. I would call 911 and report a stray kitty cat at my house :shock: while I was loading my 33 round magazines.