4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if we needed one:

Police: Taco Mac peeping tom tried to spit on woman
By Larry Hartstein

=
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

6:59 a.m. Thursday, November 4, 2010

A man accused of spying on a woman in the bathroom of the Taco Mac near the Mall of Georgia is due in court Thursday morning, Channel 2 Action News reports.
Police say Grant Scherruble, 31, of Dacula followed a 22-year-old woman into the bathroom on Oct. 28 and watched her from beneath the stall,
She later confronted him in the parking lot. The woman told police that during the confrontation, he tried to spit on her and threatened to shoot her,

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
RIA45 said:
Ha. We know he is lying because he can't have a gun in Taco Mac.
Oh you didn't! :rotfl:

I wonder if they fired the manager who foiled the robbery attempt with this weapon?

·
Registered
603 Posts
One thing to remember about Taco Mac is it isnt a Bar. They serve Alcohol on Sundays so thereby they are a restaurant.
Just something to consider when deciding if CC in a Taco Mac is legal or not.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Any business that posts signs related to anti-carry (i.e. "No Guns/Wespons") are off of my list. They don't want me there, so likewise I don't want to purchase product or goods from them. They exercised their right to post the sign and I excercised my right to shop, eat, etc. elsewhere. I occasionally can't avoid some locations that are this way (e.g. they are a sole-source provider of a particular product/service or any other provider is excessively incovenient, expensive, etc.) and in those cases I just cc....

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,894 Posts
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Any business that posts signs related to anti-carry (i.e. "No Guns/Wespons") are off of my list. They don't want me there, so likewise I don't want to purchase product or goods from them. They exercised their right to post the sign and I excercised my right to shop, eat, etc. elsewhere. I occasionally can't avoid some locations that are this way (e.g. they are a sole-source provider of a particular product/service or any other provider is excessively incovenient, expensive, etc.) and in those cases I just cc....
Bingo!

It's not about legal or not legal to me. It's about not supporting a company whose leadership actively fought against our right to carry.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I haven't seen a sign at the Taco Mac in Midtown which I frequent a couple times a month, and have never had a problem there or anywhere else.

Then again, I CC.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Adam5 said:
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Bingo!

It's not about legal or not legal to me. It's about not supporting a company whose leadership actively fought against our right to carry.
I'm really of two minds on this. I understand and respect your position. For me, I simply refuse to allow their bigotry to change my intended behavior. I cc 99% of the time anyway. So if I want to get something that store/restaurant/whatever has, I just walk in and get it, gun or no gun, sign or no sign.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
RecoveringYankee said:
I'm really of two minds on this. I understand and respect your position. For me, I simply refuse to allow their bigotry to change my intended behavior. I cc 99% of the time anyway. So if I want to get something that store/restaurant/whatever has, I just walk in and get it, gun or no gun, sign or no sign.
Like my daddy always used to say: "don't reward bad behavior". Or maybe he never said, I don't really remember now. At any rate, I'm just glad that signs carry no legal weight for when I do have to violate the store's policy.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
JeF4y said:
I haven't seen a sign at the Taco Mac in Midtown which I frequent a couple times a month, and have never had a problem there or anywhere else.

Then again, I CC.
RecoveringYankee said:
Fellas, here in the South, we are accustomed to taking a stand. ;) YMMV

I refuse to spend my money at places that do not want me as a customer.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AV8R said:

Thing is, if you dig hard enough you'll find some reason to disqualify every business on the planet.

But yeah, y'all are a proud people down here :lol:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
AV8R said:
Ouch. :shattered: My stand is, I ignore their pathetic quest for rainbows, unicorns, and global peace and understanding.

Besides, the only place around here with a sign that I want to go into is Earth Fare. And as the wife luvs their beef, we're going in. The only choice is whether or not to carry. Which is not really a choice, it's a given.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
JeF4y said:
AV8R said:

Thing is, if you dig hard enough you'll find some reason to disqualify every business on the planet.

But yeah, y'all are a proud people down here :lol:
If they all start hanging signs saying, "opinionated a**holes NOT ALLOWED" then yeah, I'm gonna have to figure something else out. :lol:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,894 Posts
I refuse to give any money to a company that uses a portion if that money to campaign against my right to carry. That is exactly what the leaders of Taco Mac did while HB89 was being debated and passed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts