Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not really to "educate" anyone. It's not completely for tactical advantage. It's not to make a statement or to exercise my rights. These are all valid arguments, but none of them is mine.

I open carry for fashion.

It may not always show, but I do care about how I look. Being a slender guy that dislikes baggy, untucked, or otherwise sloppy clothing, I find concealing all but the smallest firearms virtually impossible. Most attempts leave me with strange, cancerous looking bulges from my waistline. I prefer the look of clean straight lines, plus a pistol nicely holstered on the outside.

Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen. (I'm not ashamed to admit that it's the primary reason I bought that particular pistol.) I'm proud of owning it and like to show it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Sine Nomen said:
It's not really to "educate" anyone. It's not completely for tactical advantage. It's not to make a statement or to exercise my rights. These are all valid arguments, but none of them is mine.

I open carry for fashion.

It may not always show, but I do care about how I look. Being a slender guy that dislikes baggy, untucked, or otherwise sloppy clothing, I find concealing all but the smallest firearms virtually impossible. Most attempts leave me with strange, cancerous looking bulges from my waistline. I prefer the look of clean straight lines, plus a pistol nicely holstered on the outside.

Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen. (I'm not ashamed to admit that it's the primary reason I bought that particular pistol.) I'm proud of owning it and like to show it off.
Well, okay then...hard to argue on those subjective terms.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,945 Posts
Does this mean that my pistols are like my wifes purses? I'm going to need to get more guns and holsters!!! I'll need a formal gun may be a nickle 1911 for nice occasions, something laid back and casual to go with jeans and t-shirt, Glock maybe? With business casual clothes I can carry my Sig. Oh and colors have to match.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
Adam5 said:
Does this mean thmy pistols are like my wifes purses? I'm going to need to get more guns and holsters!!! I'll need a formal gun may be a nickle 1911 for nice occasions, something laid back and casual to go with jeans and t-shirt, Glock maybe? With business casual clothes I can carry my Sig. Oh and colors have to match.......
Time to go shoping!
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,306 Posts
Adam5 said:
Does this mean that my pistols are like my wifes purses? I'm going to need to get more guns and holsters!!! I'll need a formal gun may be a nickle 1911 for nice occasions, something laid back and casual to go with jeans and t-shirt, Glock maybe? With business casual clothes I can carry my Sig. Oh and colors have to match.......
+1!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
Sine Nomen said:
Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen.
What has happened to the Glock bunch?
:popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S&W 40 said:
What has happened to the Glock bunch?
:popcorn:
Never had a Glock. I think they're great, functional pieces. Unfortunatly they're all too wide for me to conceal and too ugly to carry openly. If I were a police officer or a soldier and only function, cost, and compatibility had been on my list, the Glock would have been it. I may buy one yet to have a training/competition gun I won't mind getting marred up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
S&W 40 said:
[quote="Sine Nomen":2n9nizhm]

Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen.
What has happened to the Glock bunch?
:popcorn:[/quote:2n9nizhm]

Even the Glock bunch are smart enough to not argue that Glocks are "attractive".
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,784 Posts
This is one scary, metrosexual thread. Any more talk about matching shoes and purses, and I am locking it!

:banned:













:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
"Honey, does this holster make my hips look wide"?


You are right about one thing...black matches almost anything. So my all black CZ with my black leather OWB should be flexible enough to match anything.


(OMG...did I actually answer this thread?) :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
fallison said:
S&W 40 said:
[quote="Sine Nomen":2cdeqfm6]

Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen.
What has happened to the Glock bunch?
:popcorn:
Even the Glock bunch are smart enough to not argue that Glocks are "attractive".[/quote:2cdeqfm6]

It's not about attractiveness... it's about simplicity & reliability... plus the added bonus of being confused for a LEO...
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,885 Posts
I've been carrying my Maxpedition man-sack for the last week at one of those places that seems to have a vested interest in being a defender-free zone. No one has so much as looked twice at it, except for some shooting buddies in the same compound.

I don't carry at work, there are already armed guards at the gates (although from what I've been told they carry condition 3 and are not required to qualify with their issued arms :?: :!: :?: :!: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
I either carry a glock 23 or sig p229. There is no question the Sig looks better. However the Glock is lighter and a little slimmer. So It depends on what I am wearing on what weapon I carry, or what holster I want to use. I have more option thus far with the glock.

Fallschirmjäger said:
I've been carrying my Maxpedition man-sack for the last week at one of those places that seems to have a vested interest in being a defender-free zone. No one has so much as looked twice at it, except for some shooting buddies in the same compound.

I don't carry at work, there are already armed guards at the gates (although from what I've been told they carry condition 3 and are not required to qualify with their issued arms :?: :!: :?: :!: )
Where is that? off topic, I know I know. That would be huge liability if they did not have to at least qualify. I'm pretty sure even though I don't know the statutes, that even security guards must qualify on the GDAC (sp?).
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,885 Posts


Where I've been working, but Not who I work for.
The lack of pistol qualification bothered me too, but as I understand it, they qualify with company owned firearms, not ones provided by CDC.

Of course, the guy who told me this was an Air Force Sniper. It was covered here......kinda

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tp ... 4901096082
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
This is one scary, metrosexual thread. Any more talk about matching shoes and purses, and I am locking it!
Nah...belt and holster do have to match the shoes*. That's not metrosexual; it's just classy.

Besides, I hate having to cover up this beauty:



*This was told to me by a very...festive co-worker once. "ANY leather you wear has to match."
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top