Another reason for Open Carry

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Sine Nomen, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

It's not really to "educate" anyone. It's not completely for tactical advantage. It's not to make a statement or to exercise my rights. These are all valid arguments, but none of them is mine.

I open carry for fashion.

It may not always show, but I do care about how I look. Being a slender guy that dislikes baggy, untucked, or otherwise sloppy clothing, I find concealing all but the smallest firearms virtually impossible. Most attempts leave me with strange, cancerous looking bulges from my waistline. I prefer the look of clean straight lines, plus a pistol nicely holstered on the outside.

Additionally, I think my all stainless 229 is one of the most attractive sidearms I've ever seen. (I'm not ashamed to admit that it's the primary reason I bought that particular pistol.) I'm proud of owning it and like to show it off.

2. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Well, okay then...hard to argue on those subjective terms.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Does this mean that my pistols are like my wifes purses? I'm going to need to get more guns and holsters!!! I'll need a formal gun may be a nickle 1911 for nice occasions, something laid back and casual to go with jeans and t-shirt, Glock maybe? With business casual clothes I can carry my Sig. Oh and colors have to match.......

4. fallison

fallison Guest

Time to go shoping!
    :D

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

+1!!!

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

What has happened to the Glock bunch?
    :popcorn:

7. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Never had a Glock. I think they're great, functional pieces. Unfortunatly they're all too wide for me to conceal and too ugly to carry openly. If I were a police officer or a soldier and only function, cost, and compatibility had been on my list, the Glock would have been it. I may buy one yet to have a training/competition gun I won't mind getting marred up.

8. fallison

fallison Guest

What has happened to the Glock bunch?
    :popcorn:[/quote:2n9nizhm]

Even the Glock bunch are smart enough to not argue that Glocks are "attractive".

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This is one scary, metrosexual thread. Any more talk about matching shoes and purses, and I am locking it!

:banned:

:lol:

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I normally wear black shoes, they'll match just about any gun. :lol:

As far as attractive guns........ Even my CZ52 is better looking than Glock.

11. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

As you can see MP us Glock owners dont stoop to that level!

12. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Maybe we could have holsters made out of chameleon skin. That way, not matter what you wear, it matches.

13. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If you gave everyone x-ray vision, a Glock 7 would be invisible to them...

14. pro2am

pro2am New Member

"Honey, does this holster make my hips look wide"?

You are right about one thing...black matches almost anything. So my all black CZ with my black leather OWB should be flexible enough to match anything.

(OMG...did I actually answer this thread?) :oops:

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Just remember this, if you are inclined to carry a "man bag" it must match your holster.

16. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Even the Glock bunch are smart enough to not argue that Glocks are "attractive".[/quote:2cdeqfm6]

It's not about attractiveness... it's about simplicity & reliability... plus the added bonus of being confused for a LEO...

17. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I've been carrying my Maxpedition man-sack for the last week at one of those places that seems to have a vested interest in being a defender-free zone. No one has so much as looked twice at it, except for some shooting buddies in the same compound.

I don't carry at work, there are already armed guards at the gates (although from what I've been told they carry condition 3 and are not required to qualify with their issued arms :?: :!: :?: :!: )

18. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I either carry a glock 23 or sig p229. There is no question the Sig looks better. However the Glock is lighter and a little slimmer. So It depends on what I am wearing on what weapon I carry, or what holster I want to use. I have more option thus far with the glock.

Where is that? off topic, I know I know. That would be huge liability if they did not have to at least qualify. I'm pretty sure even though I don't know the statutes, that even security guards must qualify on the GDAC (sp?).

19. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

[​IMG]

Where I've been working, but Not who I work for.
    The lack of pistol qualification bothered me too, but as I understand it, they qualify with company owned firearms, not ones provided by CDC.

Of course, the guy who told me this was an Air Force Sniper. It was covered here......kinda

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tp ... 4901096082

20. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

Nah...belt and holster do have to match the shoes*. That's not metrosexual; it's just classy.

Besides, I hate having to cover up this beauty:

[​IMG]

*This was told to me by a very...festive co-worker once. "ANY leather you wear has to match."