Another NYC Tragedy...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by asbrand, Mar 15, 2007.

1. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/nyc.sh ... index.html

...so...NYC has uniformed volunteer cops...that they prohibit from carrying guns.

What...NYC takes advice from an old Robin Williams comedy routine?

"Stop...or I will say STOP again...!"

*rolls eyes*

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

I just don't get it...................

Let me get this straight, New York's gun restrictions are almost as bad as Washington DC. You have a bad guy who doesn't give a rats patutie about those restictions, yet you have suicidle volunteers in police uniforms UNARMED. And all Mayor BOOM BOOM Blomberg says is it's tragic? Again, I just don't get it.
    :banghead: :banghead: :puke: :puke:

3. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

1. I would not put on a LEO uniform without a gun. That's just asking to be a target.

2. I would not live in NYC without a gun.

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I agree with both those statements except number two should stop after NYC.

5. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

You can be sure if I'm wearing a badge, I sure as hell will be carrying a pistol. Specially in NYC.

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I used to live up there and go this this part of manhatten often. After I moved the city really went downhill. All these restrictions and idiots running things.

Back in the 90's when I went back, there was this security force called Times Square security somehting or another. They had uniforms that looked just like police, tried to act like police, and generally just models for somebodies idea. More like moving targets if you ask me.

These cops were part of another organization, but sounds alot like the Times Square group. What idiot is gonna put on a uniform like that with no common sense. Oh wait........I got it. Most of the brain washed people still living there!

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

sad for those guys but come on... they knew the guy shot someone in the back 15 TIMES and they know they're unarmed AND in a uniform. So they follow this guy.

:shock:

see tag line

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

The way it was reported in the news, as I heard it this morning on Georgia Public Radio, was:

He went into the store, got into an argument with a worker there, and shot the guy in the back 15 times. As he was exiting the store, he was confronted by two uniformed(but unarmed) NYC auxilary officers (volunteers) and fatally shot them both in the heads. Regular Police responded and got in a shootout with the suspect in an alley, resulting in the suspects death.

GPB was reporting 5 dead though, not sure who else was killed.

Not sure how someone could mistake small arms fire for a break in, but then again, he is from London, suprised he even knows what crime is, London being a crime free Utopia.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I need some boots!!!! The s*** is starting to get a little deep.

Unarmed officers reminds me of a thread on GT, about a bank that no longer allows its security guard to be armed. Officers and bank guards should be armed, pure and simple. Are they supposed to point their fingers at a criminal and say 'BANG, BANG, BANG!! I GOT YOU !!! ?"

10. maddog

maddog New Member

How about a pair of hip waders

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I concur.

12. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

And, on top of all this... Looks like my work is sending me to NYC for a work-related conference, first week of May.

No carry for me. :evil:

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Bloomberg is now using this to argue strenuously for more gun control on the federal level.

Two disarmed victims are killed in a disarmed city where the law abiding do not carry weapons, and he wants more gun control, that is, more restrictions on the law abiding.

What measures would have ensured this murderous criminal was disarmed?

In a "disarmed" society, everybody is a waiting victim.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /612170334

15. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Bloomberg wants to keep the city safe with unarmed security people? :screwy:

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It's for the children.

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Which ones? The innocent ones or the ones in gangs that carry illegal weapons?

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The ones in gangs that carry illegal weapons of course.

19. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

rofl!
    that is a much more truthful spin on that statement than I've ever seen before. :roll:

20. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Gotta keep the weapon sales going somehow.