Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Another "non"-encounter, Gwinnett Co. Sheriffs officers

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gruntpain1775 
#1 ·
Was putting up Christmas lights this evening, just after sunset, when 3 Gwinnett County Sheriffs cars pulled up and parked in front of my house. My first thought was some ill-advised neighbor called the cops out cause I was openly carrying while putting lights up all afternoon. They proceeded to get out of their car and then walk up the street and around the corner. I kept an eye out waiting for them to come back and went out for a quick chat to make sure there wasn't anything I need to know about going on. They said they were just looking for someone and I didn't need to worry about anything. I jokingly said something along the lines of "cool, at first I thought you might've been called about me openly carrying while I put my lights up today" to which one responded "I wouldn't told them to read the Constitution better if I took that call"--we all had a laugh about that. Another LEO encounter that makes me happy to live where I do. And at least I know which house they were looking for someone at all, so that's good. :)

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Re: Another

c.smock said:
what part of lawrenceville are you in martin??
Lilburn side, off Hwy. 29 and Gloster Rd area.

gruntpain1775 said:
I just gotta ask, why does everyone seemingly have the need to approach Officers while OCing and ask them their thoughts on carrying? If a cop stops anyone people raise hell, but if the cops are not even concerned with someone they run up and start asking questions.
Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but I most certainly did not approach these officers specifically to discuss open carrying--pretty sure my post made it clear why I approached these officers. :righton:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.