Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remington 870 12ga 26" barrel. Synthetic stock.

I got it, two chokes, a case for it, a case of dove and quail loads, some duck ammo, and several boxes of low-recoil 00 buck for defense for $417.10 out the door at Bass Pro.

And as much as I dislike buying firearms at BPS, this one was a great experience... it was on sale, and the service wasn't nearly as bad as I'd come to expect. The guy let me fondle at least 20 different guns until I found one I liked.

And I also played with a Sig compact 1911... SWEET! It's on the "gotta have it" list (right below the AR that just moved down from the "gonna buy it" list).

What kind of modifications should I make to this? I'm going to order an 18" barrel soon. Are the night sights that are available a good deal?

And, what do the chokes do? I've got "Full", "IC", and "EM" chokes. Which one do I use for what purpose?

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M249 said:
Dude, I need your job. :)
This is my last gun purchase for quite some time.

I've got the "assault" weapon in the AK. The sidearm. The long gun. The shotgun. The pistol-caliber carbine. The cheap plinking target rifle.

Now all I have to do is stock up ammo. I'm thinking 3000 rounds of 7.62x39 loaded into at least 30 30-rd mags (just in case), 500 rounds of low-recoil 00 buck, 2000 rounds of .40, and 1000 rounds of 7.62x54R in at least 50 stripper clips.

Yes, I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rammstein said:
:D

I couldn't resist the opportunity to bust your balls. :D
that's what SHE said!

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VOLGRAD said:
Rammstein said:

That's what I was thinking. Didn't you say you couldn't take PP on a date because you didn't have any money? LOL. Poor girl. Don't piss her off, she has a gun.
Well, after the long phone conversations, and all the IMing and emails and stuff, I think she understands me.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
gsusnake said:
VOLGRAD said:
Rammstein said:

That's what I was thinking. Didn't you say you couldn't take PP on a date because you didn't have any money? LOL. Poor girl. Don't piss her off, she has a gun.
Well, after the long phone conversations, and all the IMing and emails and stuff, I think she understands me.
Glad to hear it. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
gsusnake said:
VOLGRAD said:
Rammstein said:

So the date's been called off? :(

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
budder said:
gsusnake said:
VOLGRAD said:
Rammstein said:

No, butters.

Unlike some other members of the forum *coughyoucough* women don't immediately run in the opposite direction at my approach.

·
Registered
895 Posts
gsusnake said:
budder said:
gsusnake said:
VOLGRAD said:
Rammstein said:

No, butters.

Unlike some other members of the forum *coughyoucough* women don't immediately run in the opposite direction at my approach.
What? Do they have to recover from the intial shock first?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Wow, you must be some sweet talker if she is going to go out with you after you make her play second place to a shotgun.

:shock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts