Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Gainesville... recent transplant from up in the cold north. Hope to continue learning and networking.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Welcome. You're a proctologist or just a lousy doctor?

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Marietta/Cobb County.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Welcome from between Oakwood and Flowery Branch.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Welcome from Buford, not far away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm greetings, everyone... not that I have much time, but any good places to shoot that are open to the public or decent membership cost? I used to belong to the local rod & gun before we moved, and hey had decent pistol and rifle accomodations. There seem to be a few indoor ranges, but truth be told, I've never been a big fan of them unless the weather was bad, but even then, I just waited for another day.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Bummedic, if you're near Gainesville, check out the Wilson Shoals WMA range.
It's about 20 miles north of Gainesville.
It is an outdoor range, but it has a nice covered firing line with good benches and tables, a bathroom, and a range officer who supervises.
You have to pay to park or have a State park sticker on your car, AND there's a small range fee. But it's worth it, to shoot outdoors in the fresh air.
However, they only call a "cease fire" about once every 20 minutes, so you probably want to bring binoculars or a table-top spotting scope to check your targets.
The maximum distance you can get there is about 80 yards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummedic, if you're near Gainesville, check out the Wilson Shoals WMA range.
It's about 20 miles north of Gainesville.
It is an outdoor range, but it has a nice covered firing line with good benches and tables, a bathroom, and a range officer who supervises.
You have to pay to park or have a State park sticker on your car, AND there's a small range fee. But it's worth it, to shoot outdoors in the fresh air.
However, they only call a "cease fire" about once every 20 minutes, so you probably want to bring binoculars or a table-top spotting scope to check your targets.
The maximum distance you can get there is about 80 yards.
Thanks for the suggestion... I just need to make friends with someone who has land. That's how we all used to shoot where I moved from. Lots of people had land to shoot on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.