Another MARTA incident.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Boy Racer, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Who needs a gun while riding MARTA?

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Snopes says this isn't true as weapons aren't allowed on Marta.

:wink:

3. Axeman

Axeman New Member

:x

I have had a few bad incidents on Marta, I refuse to make it a regular means of transportation until I can pack.

4. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I can totally understand this knowing where this happened. Bad neighbor hood. You walk around there at nite you better be packing.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Given the circumstances of the shooting, this just proves that the definition of terminal, in 16-12-122, needs to be expanded to include a reasonable distance surrounding any bus, train, or aircraft. Say, oh, a mile and a half just to be safe.

:wink:

6. tace

tace New Member

Yeah, I am with Snopes on this one. How can this happen since its against the law to have weapons on Marta property.

While they are at it they should arrest that kid in VT for having firearms on campus, oh, wait!

;)

7. M249

M249 New Member

Question for the lawyers and those inclined/interested in legal scenarios...

Assume you are a GFL holder riding MARTA--not carrying due to the law--and you were injured by an armed assailant. Could one argue that preventing you from carrying is a 2A violation, and that this civil rights violation put you in a position to be injured by banning carry on MARTA?

8. tace

tace New Member

I would sue anyway, but I have wondered this question many times.

9. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

They did, it just took longer to sort him out from the numerous victims lying about.

10. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

This is what I don't get - the 2nd doesn't apply to the states, however the framers also authored the 10th.

:-k

11. albundy

albundy New Member

public transit

never ride, take or use MARTA in any way. it is a public sewer and rolling asylum for the insane.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Presser is far too early to have any validity today. I think courts citing it are being disingenuous.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Dave Kopel on Presser

Presser: